vibration 80 to 85km

Hi Guys

Once again i am posting a issue i am having with my stivo :(.

I am getting a vibration between 80 to 85km. i have had the car wheel balanced twice and wheels aligned but vibration continues

The vibration is through the whole car (enough to noticeably vibrate my sun visor), no vibration is coming through the steering wheel so I believe it’s something to do with the rear wheels.

On my rear left wheel i have a wheel nut that is smaller than the others causing it to weigh less then the other 3 wheel nuts. Could this be the cause? (the guy at Bridgestone tires said it would make no difference as the nuts are evenly spaced ?:S

I am running king springs lows on front and super lows on back with standard shocks if that helps.

Regards

Dave

are you running hub rings with your alloy wheels?

if they are not located perfectly on your hubs, then you will get a vibration, even if your tyres are perfectly balanced.

To be honnest i dont think i have hub rings ... dont remember noticing any hub rings when i took off one of the alloys.. Ill have to give it a look over easter when i get a chance to look at car.

having hub rings out of place ususaly cause a vibration at any speed over 80 i have heard, mine is literly only just at 81 or 82km.

Thanks

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

are you running hub rings with your alloy wheels?

if they are not located perfectly on your hubs, then you will get a vibration, even if your tyres are perfectly balanced.

To be honnest i dont think i have hub rings ... dont remember noticing any hub rings when i took off one of the alloys.. Ill have to give it a look over easter when i get a chance to look at car.

having hub rings out of place ususaly cause a vibration at any speed over 80 i have heard, mine is literly only just at 81 or 82km.

Thanks

Dave

After looking at it closely i noticed that i have damaged one of my rims from queenslands wonderful pot holes, i got the car checked up at pedders for other faults and sadly my shocks are gone ,

Looking at getting fsd shocks but i heard alot of people not recomending them for cars with lowered springs ,

Does any one have any thoughts on this ?

Cheers for every ones help

Dave

Kyb shocks? Brennan has some I believe... silvabullit? Sorry u spell ur name differently to others so I always get it wrong :( anyways he is also a mod on the forums

Kyb shocks? Brennan has some I believe... silvabullit? Sorry u spell ur name differently to others so I always get it wrong :( anyways he is also a mod on the forums

cheers for the info mate, i have dealt with silvabullit before with suspension parts very easy to deal with and gets parts to your door fast. I am reffering to the koni fsd shocks, some people call them koni gold.

Cheers

Dave