My ST246W

saltyeggs

What is the power figure on this car.

191 kw

323 Nm Torque

Click here for the specs :)

Hey bro, nice ride, I also have one, but in Black. Got a question for ya,

Do you wanna swap suspension? I got fully s=adjustable coil overs. I love em, but seeing car is for Wife and 9month old baby, not really suited.

let me know

Cheers! hope to see your ride around.

Thanks for the offer, but I'm not planning to modify this car.

*small update*

bought these...

typens.jpg

should be interesting how it compares to the stock ones.

And also bought a brand new set of re001 tyres.

Edited by saltyeggs

• 2 weeks later...

Lovin your clean Caldina!

I'm toying with the idea of importing one my self but I'm worried about parts. What are your plans for servicing this beast?

• Like 1

Lovin your clean Caldina!I'm toying with the idea of importing one my self but I'm worried about parts. What are your plans for servicing this beast?

For servicing probably do it myself and most engine parts you can source them as it has same engine as the Gt-Four celica we got over here.

Very nice car and my friend just bought one too, same colour with sunroof!I think yours is N edition?

Yep mine is the N edition. u can tell if they have the red front strut bar and recaro seats.

Does the Navi keep telling you where to go by a lovely lady in Japanese?

nope dont think its even turned on, when i got it. so i'm just leaving it at that for now..

• 2 months later...

another small update:

some goodies arrived from the rising sun!

IMG_1428.jpg

to get this working...

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_1432.jpg

watching the footy on the road has never been so cool!

IMG_1435.jpg

thanks to 'Son Goku' for the info on the rca cables and the tv tuner! :D

Next mod is installing my turbo timer!

Edited by saltyeggs

Nice car!

Is that the factory headunit which offers the tv function? And does the new tv tuner give you digital tv or just analog?

The tuner just gives me digital tv. The car came with the tv as standard.

• 7 months later...

Haven't been on the forums for awhile, just a small update what has been done so far...

Replaced my Denso sparkies to NGK Laser Platinum

IMG_1446.jpg

K&N Panel Filter as the stock ones are black as

IMG_1447.jpg

and lucky last bought these green bad boys... hasn't been installed yet

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car dude! First saw one when in KL (before they were eligible for import here). Test drove a few locally & noticed they really drive a lot better with a nice free flowing exhaust. Still considering buying one actually. A black one would match my black MR2 turbo in the garage :) lol

Hows yours been going after a good amount of time on the road? Any maintenance issues/dramas? Only gripe I had was the 4speed transmission, 1st gear felt too long.

Nice car dude! First saw one when in KL (before they were eligible for import here). Test drove a few locally & noticed they really drive a lot better with a nice free flowing exhaust. Still considering buying one actually. A black one would match my black MR2 turbo in the garage :) lol

Hows yours been going after a good amount of time on the road? Any maintenance issues/dramas? Only gripe I had was the 4speed transmission, 1st gear felt too long.

Cheers Jason!

So far so good! Its a perfect daily car, good boot space and some decent power when needed. Havent got any issues with it, besides the suspension as mine started knocking (an excuse for me to get coilovers.. hehe!) As most import jap cars, it needs a major service i.e. air filter, brake pads, filter, oil, fluids, sparkies...etc

4 speed is ok i guess, wish it was 5-6speed.. but yeah i know what you mean.

• 1 year later...