Best CAI for a 2010 Corolla Ascent

Injen CAI + 3A Racing pod filter + Simota oil = :spiteful:

Like BGPete said you do lose a bit of response in the low rev range but gain some mass suckage. So far no levin ZR installs have had any problems to date except in the beginning. Although an ascent zre member's install still did and threw CEL (Check engine light) consistently. This was eliminated by using electrical spray on the maf sensor *beware MAF sensor very sensitive* and pod filter oil for us Levin owners. The ascent still couldnt be rectified. <_<

Install took approx 3hrs (DIY + 1st time install + being careful)

I ended up changing the pod to 3A Racing seeing as its rate highly for flow/filtration and oiled it. The 3A Racing pod also helped in eliminated any further CEL. Lasted 2-3 cruises, 2 track days and still going strong and no CEL to this day. :D

post-10034-0-80172700-1304419043_thumb.j

post-10034-0-87999000-1304419050_thumb.j

post-10034-0-20077300-1304419066_thumb.j

3A Racing Pod vs Injen Pod w/Injen Hydroshield

post-10034-0-81806300-1304419083_thumb.j

Final position with 3A Racing Pod (Yellow DIY electrical tape weatherproofing) :P

post-10034-0-66503000-1304419093_thumb.j

Any questions or need help, just holler

Hah that's good to know that we do have Victorian meets. funny that don't see many Zre modded on the streets though. Thanks for the link dwee.

Come to one of our Victorian meets then; you'd be gobsmacked! :spiteful:

@dutchie

I see dirty engine bay.

/pete likes this :)

Ha Haaa! Thats Dwees engine bay!

I dont think Ive cleaned mine in over a year, it would probably look much worse!

Hahahahaha! What can I say, Petes love it dir..? :whistling:

Another shot. :) Injen CAI with 3A Racing Pod with Hydroshield. No Oil.

IMG_1659_2.jpg

Thank you so much for the images!! Really need them :)

Why is it so hard to find a good CAI for an accent?

Definitely will meet up with you guys one day once I've put in a CAI.

Those pics are cool i have been waiting for 3a pod filter to come in stock for 2 months, and still waiting for it, wondering if taking out the front bumper is difficult for DIY? Don't wanna mess up any clips. :P

Thank you so much for the images!! Really need them :)

Why is it so hard to find a good CAI for an accent?

Definitely will meet up with you guys one day once I've put in a CAI.

Not hard at all to find a CAI. Us older (ZRE) owners have done all the hard work and guessing. Have a look at the ZRE FAQ and under 'Air Intake Mods'.

Charlie (flipsta) is selling both his Injen CAI and WeaponR intake. If you're interested, PM him.

If you want to go for brand new:

Injen - get from ebay. Make sure it's for 1.8L 4cylinder. If you're uncertain, post it below and we'll have a look; let you know if it will fit. :)

CES Racing - contact BG Pete or CES directly.

WeaponR - order through WeaponR dealer/website.

DIY - make your own!

Those pics are cool i have been waiting for 3a pod filter to come in stock for 2 months, and still waiting for it, wondering if taking out the front bumper is difficult for DIY? Don't wanna mess up any clips. :P

Where are you buying the 3A pod from? The link I gave above?

Taking off the front bumper is not hard. Read this for a bit of info.

I have been waiting from Australian Auto Accesories in Nunawading. :/ Do you guys know anywhere else to get some? DWee u mean the link above CES direct? I am also wondering most of the pics i am seeing is Zre hatches, not many sedans around. Mine is a ZRE sedan lol

Sorry guys

Injen is sold pending payment and the WeaponR is also sold pending payment

Damn it, if I knew you were selling a weaponR I would have snapped it up asap!

hey guys, im currently looking into getting the satisfaction carbon chamber intake for my zre. quite pricey but getting quotes around town and hopefully will get it. apparantly the company "SATISFACTION" said their intake does not fit the 1.8L corolla/auris and only fits the 1.5L version. However, if its same engine bay and i've seen pictures of it on a 1.8L auris over in japan on the minkara website, it will fit no doubt right? or would there some sort of thing that the intake wont work on the 1.8L?

anyone got views?

youtube clip of satisfaction intake for auris:

cheers.

I heard CES produce one with the most gains, not only that, it's all produced here in AUS as well..

I suggest checking it out.. I'm not 100 percent sure on gains though, I think it was for the ZZE but yeah, if someone can confirm please do, all hateful comments are appreciated

Quick question, notice that the facelift Corolla that the MAF sensor is actually on the air box itself. Would the installation process say for the injen CAI be the same?

I'm thinking that a new MAF sensor is required?

Cheers

I have been waiting from Australian Auto Accesories in Nunawading. :/ Do you guys know anywhere else to get some? DWee u mean the link above CES direct? I am also wondering most of the pics i am seeing is Zre hatches, not many sedans around. Mine is a ZRE sedan lol

Vig.

I went to CES in QLD and they had it done within a day. It's not cheap, but I have yet to have any CEL errors. Contact me via PM if you want more info and pics.

Additional: They never took the front bar off to get mine installed.

Yeah, that's where I got mine from; not sure of where else. Call CES up and see what they can do. BG Pete has got a custom made CAI from CES.

ZRE hatch & sedan have the same chassis. A member already has a Injen CAI on his sedan. See his thread here. :)

hey guys, im currently looking into getting the satisfaction carbon chamber intake for my zre. quite pricey but getting quotes around town and hopefully will get it. apparantly the company "SATISFACTION" said their intake does not fit the 1.8L corolla/auris and only fits the 1.5L version. However, if its same engine bay and i've seen pictures of it on a 1.8L auris over in japan on the minkara website, it will fit no doubt right? or would there some sort of thing that the intake wont work on the 1.8L?

anyone got views?

cheers.

Thommo, I believe this is the one John & Charlie were after initially? You should ask them. :P

Yeah, that's where I got mine from; not sure of where else. Call CES up and see what they can do. BG Pete has got a custom made CAI from CES.

ZRE hatch & sedan have the same chassis. A member already has a Injen CAI on his sedan. See his thread here. :)

anyone got views?

cheers.

Thommo, I believe this is the one John & Charlie were after initially? You should ask them. :P

i searched...but i had no luck but if you find it lemme know!...

anyone got views?

cheers.

i searched...but i had no luck but if you find it lemme know!...

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://item.rakuten.co.jp/intake/10000229/&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1

you can buy it, its from this site, but its about 550 AUD shipped. quite pricey.

here's a pic of it installed on a 1.8L auris in japan

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/userid/361556/car/823025/3655020/parts.aspx

hmmm satisfaction say it doesn't work on 1.8L? but its just a pipe and essentially a carbon poddie...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, I'm thinking about hitting up a Injen CAI for my '11 Corolla hatch and was wondering if the correct product # is SP2079P (polished one)? For the MY10 and MY11, due to the MAF sensor being attached to the stock airbox, is there anything additional that I need to buy / do to get the CAI installed? And is there any where that someone could recommend (in Melbourne) for me to go get this thing installed? I really don't feel comfortable installing it myself. Cheers guys!