Anyone Here Tint?

Looking for a tint job on my 02 Hatch

Been quoted $250 by Mastertint and the price is pretty much the same for any other spot

Just wondering if anyone on the North Coast or South East QLD does window tints? Or knows someone who knows someone who could help me out

Am free this weekend if that suits anyone also.

Happy to pay cash, booze or a combination of both :P

Post up or PM me

Thanks,

Edited by RollaRollin

Why don't you DIY? Not hard at all. There are plenty of video clips on youtube to show you how to tint a car.

I did my ascent 6 months ago. I bought the pre-cut tint from ebay US for the exact model of my car only for around $75 incl postage.

They are good quality tint and delivered within 7 days.

Give yourself a go and you could save yourself at least $200.

• 2 weeks later...

If you wait a few months ie: until winter, the price usually comes down. Not many people consider having thier windows tinted in winter therefore tinters drop the price just to get the work in

Thanks for the tip mate but I think I'm just going to do it myself :ph34r:

What do you guys recommend for VLT? Yes I'm aware of the Legal Limit in NSW

I can go 35% or 20%, the company I'm looking at buying from only has those two options.

Opinions?

I've had both on my cars. 20% is illegal but it is a nice tint, I wouldn't go much darker, I found a 15% I had to be a pain reversing at night. 35% is ok in some of the better tints cause they give a nice black color. It will also depend on the color of your interior, dark interiors make the tint look darker. Also if you ever need to get a RWC put on some white sheepskins, and it helps quite a lot.

QldKev

I've had both on my cars. 20% is illegal but it is a nice tint, I wouldn't go much darker, I found a 15% I had to be a pain reversing at night. 35% is ok in some of the better tints cause they give a nice black color. It will also depend on the color of your interior, dark interiors make the tint look darker. Also if you ever need to get a RWC put on some white sheepskins, and it helps quite a lot.

QldKev

Have any trouble passing rego with 20% mate?

I have a fully black interior anyway :D

Still deciding on 20 v 35

Honestly didn't think it'd be so hard.

QldKev

Dont worry about rego when it comes to tints i had a pulsar sss and i had it with 15% tints all around,got pulled over alot of times its a hoon car to be honest, people say its illegal never got hastled but my m8 got a fine for his tints its just rarely but if you get pulled over just put your windows down simple to be safe, but all of my cars in the family i got them done at 20% besides the sportivo havent had a chance to do it yet, and ive been pulled over in my mothers car and a few other times and never said a word to me.

I keep seeing this again and again, but all people pay attention to with illegal tints is whether or not they get into trouble with the cops.

I'd like to see what happens when you get into an accident (even when you aren't at fault) in the evening and have the insurance company go over your car at an assessment centre. If they pick up on your tints... good luck.

I will stick with the legal limit 35% in VIC.

I am a risk averse.

QldKev

i think for tints, mine probs takes the cake lol :lol:

Has anyone actually done it themselves? You think its easy, but I think its easier paying someone else to do it, that know what they are doing is correct :D

Evo

don't get 15%! i got my car with it. i have no vision at night while reversing.

20% is fine. no troubles passing rego. no1 really pays attention or notices the tint. though i always seem to down all my windows down when i get pulled over. :P

• 2 weeks later...

Darkest "legal" for NSW is 35% NON REFLECTIVE but only for the sides. Back window you can go as dark as you like but I would go with 20%. with a black interior 35% will appear darker anyway.

Form experience, DIY is NOT as easy as it seems but you never know until you try. My advice is BUY EXTRA, you WILL mess up until you get the hang of it

Edited by HoldenBoi