New tyres for my Aurion -options

im going to stick with michelins, going for the primacy lc, which have got extremely good reviews online, might try them out, i can get them for $185/tyre, which seams alright

Seen a few reviews of the Primacy LC having poor to bad performance in the wet, did you see those reviews?

Thanks the heads up, wet weather grip was a big factor for me... back to the drawing board... trying to find one for about 180/tyre might ask around for those kumho's.

Start fresh.

Set your budget.

Rank the following. Wet, dry, mileage, noise, and comfort.

At about $150 I see Kumho Solus KH15 for wet and Bridgestone Potenza RE001 for dry.

I had the Kumho Solus KH15 before on Camry.

Noisy compared to stock Michelin Vivacy. Only 18,000km mileage in the front.

But has AA wet traction rating.

Choice tyre comparison also had it doing well in the wet.

Bridgestone Potenza RE001 is great in the dry.

By my extrapolation about 40,000km mileage in the front.

Thanks Tekky! Appreciate it!

What type of driving do u mainly do or how much or each would you estimate.. city / highway

Edit: The wear you have on the RE001s seem to be better than what alot of people ive spoken to have got, so thats good, im just trying to figure out if i can get around 60 000 out of them

Edited by mmm_sx6

We are talking about wheel alignment not wheel balance right?

Nice. Is it a deal when you bought the car?

Yes i'm talking about wheel alignment.

No you wish the dealer would do that for me :P

If you get your Bridgestone tyres from a Bridgestone tyre centre they rotate and do wheel alignment every 5000km for free.

mmm_sx6 it will be nearly impossible to get 60000km out of the RE001. Considering the new RE002 is out at 215/55R17 and they use a new silica compound which is meant to last longer. You should op for the RE002 over RE001 if you want.

I have driven 7000km on my RE001 and i have used about 1-2mm.

mmm_sx6 it will be nearly impossible to get 60000km out of the RE001. Considering the new RE002 is out at 215/55R17 and they use a new silica compound which is meant to last longer. You should op for the RE002 over RE001 if you want.

I have driven 7000km on my RE001 and i have used about 1-2mm.

Might have helped if i mentioned that 90% of my driving is highway, which would be my guess as to how i squeezed 85 000 out of the originals

Any idea how much more the RE002a cost?

Its only an extrapolation. I do 80% highway but plenty of traffic and lights. 45mins to cover 22km in the morning.

Is the Bridgestone free wheel alignment for Sydney too? Is it back to the particular Bridgestone select/dealer/shop? I bought mine at Bridegstone shop.

I had checked with my bridgestone dealer (liverpool, sydney) and they said they doo a free rotation every 5000, but thats all they mentioned, didn't specifically ask if they did a wheel allignment.

Well i know i most likely got the wheel alignment because i was first at the shop and it took them 20 mins to do the tyres for me. Also on my wheel alignment sheet it says "check alignment every 5000km".

• 1 year later...

mmm_sx6,

I also have got over 80,000 out of the original Michelin Energy's on my 2010 SX6. I do alot of highway driving and the previous owner was an area manager for NSW and hence did alot of KM's (he sold it to me 12 months old with close to 60000. There is now about 1mm left to go on the fronts and 2-3mm on back before they reach the "replace me" rib, and they have been rotated by the dealership on each service.

So it's now time to get a new set, I have been scouring the forums and local tyre retailers for a while now and I am leaning towards getting the Kumho KU31's. I leaned towards getting getting the RE001 or 2's though, how have they held up for you?

Cheers

My dad has got over 100,000kms out of the originals Michelins they still have about 3mm but have gone hard. I've got Bridgestone Re002 on my ZR6 very good handling tyre but a little more tyre noise and harder ride than the Michelins.