cold air intake wrap up!

hey guys :)

installed new intake on the weekend and for my first mod (hopefully not the last either :D ) and it was surprisingly easy. here's some photo's of it installed, although im a little bummed i didnt take some before and afters because it has opened my engine bay up ten fold now, its crazy how much space the stock air box took up!

here's a small video i made to demonstrate the audio of the air intake (please leave a like? helps alot!)

i have vaseline on my battery so chill haha

post-19492-0-18767300-1304987655_thumb.j

we couldnt move the pipe any more towards the throttle body so theres a slight kink in the rubber :\

post-19492-0-01033600-1304987692_thumb.j

i tried researching this as to what im to do with this plug as i removed its female connector along with several other hoses during installation but what are we to do with this plug now?! no engine lights are on, car runs fine. just seems odd to leave it hanging there

post-19492-0-21931400-1304987734_thumb.j

i peeled the tire guard back to take a snap, pods sitting well away from the fog light :D

post-19492-0-90964600-1304987791_thumb.j

other than the brown plug and awkward rubber joints im extremely happy with the end result. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! big thanks to sammy926 for selling me the part :D

Dixon

hey dude what pod filter are you using..and how much was it.

oh and where did you get it from

i got mine off another forum member (sammy 926). brands HPS, i dont even know if its a reputable brand haha but im replacing the pod with a K&N. im not fussed one way or another about the piping itself because its just metal, won't differ. i paid 180 with postage

that road looks familiar ? also yeh cai makes lift so much better aye

i got a vid of lift in a tunnel !

\unfort it had 4 people in the car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9XuvhzxUdY

its surprising what increasing the air intake into your motor can do hey. and if youve ever been to hervey bay? (besides fraser island) than the road i was driving on was just out of town :)

and JESUS! second video was awesome, really enjoyed that haha soon as i saw the tread pattern i thought 'this will be good' :P and that tunnel is in brissy isnt it? ive been through a VERY similar one (with one passenger :D) and dumped it in second ha good sound!

sheeesh man... no wonder your gearbox broke, you shift like a n00b

Lol i was thinking the same thing, your smashing gears ruff.

New CAI = cool.

Posting videos of "someone" exceeding the speed limit massively on the M2 despite being in traffic = very not cool. Do everyone a favour and do some track time...or find yourself doing some gaol time.

Back on topic: nice work on the CAI Dixon!

Adrian

New CAI = cool.

Posting videos of "someone" exceeding the speed limit massively on the M2 despite being in traffic = very not cool. Do everyone a favour and do some track time...or find yourself doing some gaol time.

Back on topic: nice work on the CAI Dixon!

Adrian

Adrian, I did the time trust me.. That was ages ago and I've changed trust me, I don't want to go into why but I have, if ur a fly in my car us think FFS hurry up grandma..

sheeesh man... no wonder your gearbox broke, you shift like a n00b

Lol i was thinking the same thing, your smashing gears ruff.

I think that's another way of him saying to keep it on the track...

did it jst slip in nicely did u have to take the front bumper of anything off?

hey dweebz, umm no didnt need to take front bumper off. i could have to put the pod filter on to make it that much tighter but no wasnt necessary :D and after ripping everything out (there was surprisingly alot! you just need to finesse it in. i had a mate with me and i couldnt have doen it without him cus there was a lot of forcing and pushing to get the intake into the throttle body hose connector.

SMART *****

oh i heard you first time... no need to pm me again to say i'm a "smart *****" :)

sammy.jpg

on another note (yes it's off topic): if you want to sell something, show your appreciation by being a TOCAU supporter. It doesn't cost much and i'm sure selling one (1) of your cold air intake systems will pay for at least two (2) years subscription. I'm (or "we" rather) are all keeping an eye on you and if we see any posts that give even the slightest hint you're selling something when you are not a TOCAU supporter, its getting deleted. no questions asked, no warnings.

if u have a problem with this pm box is there (but no spam like the one above please or else you will be ignored). another way to settle this: if you are in melbourne, why dont we sit down for a coffee one day and have a nice friendly discussion about this. your choice. enough said.

kenshin out

One of my mates brought a CAI from him last month and he's a great Bloke

yep that's nice.

oh your mate wouldn't have the same ip address as you would he?

oh, also as well as sammy926's?

holy jesus! i come back to the forums after few days and i find epic domestic going on. and charlietrout wtf was that! hahahahaha that made me laugh so much =D

kenshin let loose bro ;)