Bathurst Cruise 2011

It's that time of the year again, the annual twincam.org.au Bathurst Cruise.

Facebook Event

Date: Sunday, July 3rd 2011

Meet Time: 8.30am for 9:30am depart

Meeting Point: McDonalds McGraths Hill - Corner of Windsor Rd and Groves Av. (refer map)

Destination: Mt Panorama, Bathurst

Bring: Yourself, Travelling companion/s, Tunes of choice, jumper or jacket (it will be cool/cold), full tank of fuel (there are fuel stations in the vicinity of the meet point), money for lunch, anything else you think you need.

NEWSCASTLE/CENTRAL COAST SUB-MEETS:

If anyone else is planning to arrange a sub-meet point before the cruise, please PM me with details and I will add it to this post.

DAY PLAN:

Upon arrival we will do some laps of the track, take photos, shoot some video, and hang around to enjoy the scenery. At some point during the afternoon we will head back down the hill and into the town to grab some food from one of the fast food places or cafes in the town. From there it is up to individuals to choose whether they want to hang around or start the journey home.

OTHER NOTES:

The cruise date has been chosen so far off so that attendees can make arrangements to be able to attend. The date will not be changed. If you can't arrange leave from work, etc, then I'm sorry, but there's always next year.

This year, I'd also like to extend the invitation to other forums and car clubs to join us on our trip.

Should you feel that another forum is worthy of coming along, feel free flick me a PM and let me know who it is you intend on inviting. Most people should be ok, but in select cases I will ask that you do not invite certain forums due to their bad reputations for cruises.

i went to SRC bathurst cruise a few months ago so i'm not really keen on this, also i might not even be in the country :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

im up for this!

havent been on a cruise in a long time, and havent taken the stivo on a decent drive yet either...

when they say laps around the track, you reckon itll be closed or wont be able to have fun?

im up for this!

havent been on a cruise in a long time, and havent taken the stivo on a decent drive yet either...

when they say laps around the track, you reckon itll be closed or wont be able to have fun?

the track won't be closed, so normal road rules still apply. Whether you stick to them or not is your choice ;)

"Laps" = relatively sedate driving from Conrod to the top of Mountain Straight, then have some fun across the top - bearing in mind that the speed limit is and always has been 60, it's a public road, there WILL be oncoming traffic and there is always a decent chance of a cop sitting behind a tree with a radar gun So lairy powerslides, 150km/h blasts down the straights and the like are not tolerated at all (and as said bring the forum, of which I am a member, into disrepute).

Usually we park up the top of McPhillamy and shoot the breeze (in the past we've had a BBQ/fire but don't think one is planned this year), do some drive-by videos/photos/drives-in-mates-cars, the obligatory starting grid photo/video, and on occasion visit the motor-racing museum.

I was also there with SRC a couple months back and while most are well behaved on the roads a certain someone is just a total tool behind the wheel so no thanks I won't be attending.

But to those who are going have fun and beware of Mr Glitter.

You'll know who when you see him.

I was also there with SRC a couple months back and while most are well behaved on the roads a certain someone is just a total tool behind the wheel so no thanks I won't be attending.

But to those who are going have fun and beware of Mr Glitter.

You'll know who when you see him.

LOL rob.

"Laps" = relatively sedate driving from Conrod to the top of Mountain Straight, then have some fun across the top - bearing in mind that the speed limit is and always has been 60, it's a public road, there WILL be oncoming traffic and there is always a decent chance of a cop sitting behind a tree with a radar gun So lairy powerslides, 150km/h blasts down the straights and the like are not tolerated at all (and as said bring the forum, of which I am a member, into disrepute).

Usually we park up the top of McPhillamy and shoot the breeze (in the past we've had a BBQ/fire but don't think one is planned this year), do some drive-by videos/photos/drives-in-mates-cars, the obligatory starting grid photo/video, and on occasion visit the motor-racing museum.

yeah thats what i was expecting... one can always hope though! :rolleyes:

will still be good, im itching to get my new toy out for a cruise. havent been on one for ages.

Was a great day out as usual, weather turned out to be pretty good in the end despite the pea-soup thick fog on the freeway, and the dreary outlook at McGraths Hill. Run out through Bells Line was more sedate than usual due to the Sunday drivers, although I think we all shat enough bricks to build an entire house after the incident with the copper in the overtaking lane. Fortunately the Mountain was relatively uncongested so we could get some good laps in, managed to wrestle the keys from Cara so I could take the Snoarer for a blast too, soooo much more fun being able to actually accelerate up the hill and kick the rear sideways mid-corner as the LSD locked up, just wish we'd set the coilovers slightly firmer before the trip to curb some of the bodyroll.

Didn't end up taking any photos from the day as I was concentrating on driving and Cara had the camera anyway.

Basically we were stuck behind Sunday drivers going 10-under for a good 15 minutes, get to the first decent overtaking lane and we all boot it to get past in a single go, only to find a copper with a LIDAR unit staring straight down the road at us....everyone slammed on the brakes but for the guys at the front it would have been too late. Didn't get pulled over (probably because there was such a big pack of us) but a straggler a couple of k back did get done.