Prado question #2

Belinda

My new Prado Grande (2005) has two fuel tanks. I'm picking it up on Wednesday (25th May 2011).

On the dash beside the fuel guage the 90L is lit. I have been told this is the primary tank and there is a secondary tank of 60Litres (dreading my first fuel bill).

How do I go about:

a: Filling each tank - is it one nozel or two?

b: Utilise the second tank? Is it automatic or to I have to select it?

I know I am asking a lot of questions and if someone could spare me the time I would very much appretiate it.

Hi,

simple answer....there is one nozel and the car automatically switches to reserve. So if the warning light comes on, you can drive quite a bit more i think. I wont be responsible for you standing on the side of the road though! :ph34r:

My dad has the 2010 Prado, and all up it swallows about 150L, highest fuel bill he had was 200$. So yea have fun :lol:

But in the end it would be the same with a small car. Small car you'd fuel up 3 or 4 times and in the end pay just as much, while with the Prado you just fuel up once.

Edited by Seby123

Hi,

simple answer....there is one nozel and the car automatically switches to reserve. So if the warning light comes on, you can drive quite a bit more i think. I wont be responsible for you standing on the side of the road though! :ph34r:

My dad has the 2010 Prado, and all up it swallows about 150L, highest fuel bill he had was 200$. So yea have fun :lol:

But in the end it would be the same with a small car. Small car you'd fuel up 3 or 4 times and in the end pay just as much, while with the Prado you just fuel up once.

Thank you for the information. I have a Falcon on Gas and fill up for $25 on average so yes the first time is going to hurt the psyche more than anything else! I will also save the time on filling just once (and in my line of work time is definitely money)

Belinda