Major Oil Leak Problem

neemz

Hi again,

I contacted Toyota head office about this issue of the oil line failure and they told me to contact the dealer they could not tell me much at all. so I contacted my local dealer Wollongong Toyota they asked for the VIN number of the car so with informing them of the number I was told that there is no recall on my car it is an extended customer service. You are right campbeam, it seems very strange how i have seen others have this replaced with a full metal section and others are dealt this pathetic option. It's poor service the part should be replaced on all models with the metal part instead of waiting for the part to virtually blow out and then potentially blow you engine!... NOT happy at all!!!

Just out of curiosity does anyone know how much the replacement full metal part is and how much for it to be fitted?

Regards,

John.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

Just an update to this topic, my 2007 Presara has just had this hose issue and I would highly recommend everyone with an older model car have theirs checked out.

I've just had my car booked for a regular service at a Toyota dealers and everything was going according to plan. The people looking after the car called Head Office regarding the hose fitting and whether it could be replaced. Head office advised 'no' as it as it was still intact and had no issues. Anyway the car was serviced and taken on it's test drive and you guessed it, the hose gave out and started leaking oil. It is still at the dealers waiting for a metal hose replacement from Head Office.

Luckily, mine gave out during a servicing and was already at the dealership, I would hate for this to happen at any other time. My advice to anyone with an older Toyota would be to have it checked out a dealers so if there's anything that can be repaired within the 10 year warranty period, it can be done so. I believe there's quite a few items that fall under this category such as the sticky dashboard, electric windows...and others I'm not aware of.