Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Get some stickaflex can get it from bunnings i think. Its used to hold skirts lips ect on. Use that but you will need masking tape to hold it in place for 12hrs or so until the stickaflex cures.

damn man that sux. rear skirt would have been sick!

I still have to leave feedback lol not sure if it should be negative or not.

For stikaflex maybe goto autobarn or large autoshop they should carry the right one.

hrmm.. i'm starting to think that drilling into the wheel arch to allow for screws would be the better option. just not too sure what sized drill bit and screws i should be getting. or what kind of drill for that matter.

i decided to do a little bit of research on this. I think you are suppose to put 3M tape along the side skirt rather than the rubber seal, this should make it sit flush since automotive 3M double sided tape is very durable and difficult to remove . I dont think levin owners have a screw at the end of their side skirt, they only have a screw at the front.

here's a few pictures i could find which show no screw.

6177446407_6b9f8aca5d.jpg

6177446449_3c4277188b.jpg

However, modellista rear spats and TRD front lip require drilling for screws, so it should be good practice for you :lol:

the rubber seal was originally on the sideskirts which were oem from toyota (which is what the levin owners would come stock with). only reason why ascent and conquest owners would need to drill holes for the sideskirts is because the ascent and conquest don't have the side clips which the levin has. the levin sideskirts are a tad "heavy" so I don't think 3M double sided tape would be strong enough to hold the skirts up flush enough without having some sort of support at the back and it would most likely lose its stickiness after some time. I'm just going to drill. The guy who I bought the skirts off said he didn't even need to take off the wheels when he drilled the holes he used for his rivets, which is rather odd. must have been majorly angled.

so i finally got the skirt fitted properly with rivets installed in the rear wheel arches - two on each side.

the following pic only has 1 rivet installed in the sideskirt/wheel arch but even with just the 1, it held really securely (drove it around a fair bit with just the 1 rivet in each side)... however, i did end up installing a second one on each side under the first ones. then i sealed them up with "Loctite" sealant for extra security..

photodjq.jpg

after 2 rivets + loctite sealant:

photo2lto.jpg

photo1dhw.jpg

pics of her at her new home.... (moving apartments is a b***h)

@a.rice: ta.

@jeff: lol that's true.

@ohy34h: from ebay mate. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/COROLLA-HATCH-CURRENT-STYLE-SPOILER-BRAND-NEW-/170700836674?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item27be900f42 (this is the one i got - you need to get the painting service too or you can get it painted yourself) or http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260856878667?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

second link would be better and cheaper option if you're looking to get it painted and shipped.

It doesn't have the external brake light like you see on the levin. It uses the internal brake light that's already on your car. Which in a way is good because it saves you from having to drill a hole for the wiring of the external brake light.