Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Hi guys, Got my 2011 ZRE152 last month (after my old 2003 Rav4 and I were in a bit of a fender bender), and started to do some slight mods here and there.. The mods started coming in quick; never knew modding would become such an addiction for me :S Anyways, thought I'd update this first post. Finally decided to name my ride.. 'Leila' , a variation of the name 'Layla' which is of an Arabic origin that means "Dark Beauty".. thought it was a pretty appropriate name for my black ZRE :) Current Mod List:

• Aftermarket Slim Tinted Weathershields
  • Window tints: 33% driver side & front passenger side and 20% rear passengers & rear windshield (had to fix up the fronts due to defect issued)
  • HID headlights: 6000k low beams, 8000k high beams
  • LED parker lights and rear license plate lights
  • 17" Advanti Talon (Gunmetal Grey) Wheels
  • Bridgestone Potenza Adrenaline RE001's (245/45/17)
  • Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryder eXtreme XA Coilovers
  • Exhaust system modified with Xforce S10 Twinloop Rear Muffler and Catco Metal Hi-flow Cat
  • Injen SP2079BLK Cold Air Intake
  • Genuine front Netz badge
  • Debadged Rear (TOYOTA, COROLLA and ASCENT badges)
  • Matte Gloss black rear Toyota trunk emblem
  • VG Sharkfin Antenna mod
  • Larger rear roof spoiler - similar to Levin rear spoiler (on the way)
  • Levin Side skirts fitted
  • BENEN Industries Rear Towhook in blue (removed due to defect issued for it)
  • Couple of decals
Future Mods:
  • new wheels (absolutely hate stock steelies)
  • lowering (possibly King Spring Lows - not sure if I will be scraping/rubbing on SuperLows)
  • possibly coilovers later on down the track
  • CAI (Injen?)
  • Sports exhaust Will maybe look into replacing the stock cat+resonator with a highflow cat and sausage resonator later on
  • Rear Roof Spoiler
  • Bodykit (possibly comprising of TRD Front Lip and Modellista Rear Spats and Toyota Motorsport Sideskirts)
  • Foglights (when aftermarket ones are available - not paying $800 excl installation, for genuine Toyota ones)
  • New headunit (Eclipse?) + sound system setup
  • OEM Toyota Auris LED Footwells
  • LED DRL's cbf
  • Front Netz Emblem (on the way now from JP)
  • De-badge the rear (Toyota logo, Corolla logo, Ascent logo) and paint rear Toyota Emblem flat/matte black (will be doing this the coming weekend)

Thanks guys :)

My next installment is definitely going to be new wheels and lowering. Trying to decide between black with machine/chrome lip or maybe black with blue strip/trim (just to be different from all the red strip/trims). Either way it will probably be another month or 2 before I've accumulated enough funds :)

My next installment is definitely going to be new wheels and lowering. Trying to decide between black with machine/chrome lip or maybe black with blue strip/trim (just to be different from all the red strip/trims). Either way it will probably be another month or 2 before I've accumulated enough funds :)

No no no to the blue ring. Toooooooo tacky.

All black or maybe chrome trim.

No no no to the blue ring. Toooooooo tacky.

All black or maybe chrome trim.

Too tacky? Why's that? lol

Guess I'll see how they look up against the car when I do go shoe huntin. Probably will stick with the black with chrome lip though. Or might look at how gunmetal looks on the car.

So I'm looking to go shoe shopping this weekend and intend to drop my baby a bit too. Hopefully that goes well :) what do you guys think about Advanti wheels? Kinda interested in the Advanti Talon wheels in black to go with my black on black stealthy theme :)

Also, with lowering, I'm trying to decide between pedders or king springs. And is there any issue sticking with my stock shocks? Cheers.

Alrighty, so I got the wheels put in and lowered.

• 17" Advanti Talon in Gunmetal Grey
  • Lowered on Pedders Sports Ryder Lows on stock shocks (couldn't afford to go for coilovers just yet)

Looks pretty shmick in my opinion. I like the smokey look of the wheels against the black car. Hopefully when the springs settle in over the next couple of weeks it will look even better at a slightly lower level (especially the rears), but even at the moment I really like the look.

Took about 30 mins to get the wheels installed and about 2 hours to get the springs installed and wheels aligned afterwards.. after that, brought it to the carwash to give it a bit of a washee washee... so nice and clean now.

Pics attached below - wish the lighting wasn't so terrible in my apartment complex's parking. Hopefully some good weather is upon us Melbournians soon, so I can take the car out to the beach and take some shots there :)

post-24068-0-45859600-1307184958_thumb.p

post-24068-0-66818700-1307184969_thumb.p

post-24068-0-69284300-1307184977_thumb.p

post-24068-0-13593800-1307184988_thumb.p

post-24068-0-86215200-1307184995_thumb.p

post-24068-0-40003600-1307185005_thumb.p

Thanks jeffy :)

Nah not at MC. Parked at my apartment carpark lol. MC carpark would generally be more packed than that :P

hahas, was gna say, if it was mc, damn, thats pretty empty,

its a nice day today! looks sunny,

im stuck at work =[ i can see a nice sun !

go take some photos as you said xD !

Lol yeah I'm hoping to.

Edit: Damn it, didn't get to go out. Fell asleep and missed my opportunity! Was going to drive out to St. Kilda beach. It was wonderful weather today!

Just got the Xforce S10 Twinloop rear muffler installed today - took about an hour and half to complete; they had to redo the rear axle or something, due to the stock system not being a straight through exhaust system (I think this is what axleback means? just adding a new rear muffler on to the exhaust system after the axle? Costed $450 bones all up for parts and fitting. Will take pics and maybe a sound/video clip of the exhaust note sometime soon.. didn't have time today. One thing that I want to mention is that you can barely hear the difference between it and the stock rear muffler from inside the car (hence no cabin droning).. but I'm wondering what it sounds like when I'm driving regularly in 50km-80km/h zone between 1k-3km rpm - I can start to hear it more at 3k+ rpm however but the engine noise kinda overpowers it from the inside of the car.

Nice work mate, S10 looks good.

have you priced up the trd front lip yet, I asked a mate of mine for trade price but he hasnt gotten back to me :(