Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

thanks Jeffy - def going to need assistance (and tools too) from other members, that's for sure - or i'm just going to have to pay a mechanic to do it.. (which for some reason I wouldn't trust with my car or my intake).

just had a look in the box, and I don't know if it's just me, but my pod filter that came with the kit seems to be a dry filter?

X-1014BB-1.jpg

http://injenonline.com/cgi-bin/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=I&Product_Code=X-1014-BB&Category_Code=AF

Did anyone else get the same filter? X-1014-BB? Or did most people get an X-1014-BR (which I assume is the normal oiled one) with theres?

Huey dont bother with the stock INjen pod filter, unless you want to throw a CEL. Most of us threw CELs with the stock pod. I'd strongly advise you to get a 3A Racing Pod filter like the rest of us have as after the 3A Racing pod change i never threw a CEL again. Lasted 2 big cruises and 2 track days and still going strong. I wouldnt worry about putting the Hydroshield on it either unless your thinking of driving through a river, its just gonna restrict the airflow.

post-10034-0-06036100-1310367347_thumb.j

post-10034-0-27495600-1310367370_thumb.j

post-10034-0-94586900-1310367357_thumb.j

Ah never mind found out that there's only 1 particular 3A racing pod lol

000%20SIM-WS002-CH%20Filter.jpg 3A RACING Power Stack Filter

The 3A Racing Power Stack has all the

features & finish of the Simota Power Stack.

Width 160mm Height 130mm Neck 77mm

Where would I be able to pick one up? Wouldn't have time to go to Australian Auto during the week! :( And wanna get it in time for the coming weekend.

@Will: it might sound meaner, but I heard 3A racing pod is best filter hands down, for the amt of airflow.

Huey dont bother with the stock INjen pod filter, unless you want to throw a CEL. Most of us threw CELs with the stock pod. I'd strongly advise you to get a 3A Racing Pod filter like the rest of us have as after the 3A Racing pod change i never threw a CEL again. Lasted 2 big cruises and 2 track days and still going strong. I wouldnt worry about putting the Hydroshield on it either unless your thinking of driving through a river, its just gonna restrict the airflow.

I am using stock Injen pod filter, and have driven 18000km on it since installation.. No CEL. but my pod filter sit much more higher than non-facelift models, I can use my towel to clean my filter everytime during car wash. it is reachable by your hands..

According to my dyno, AF ratio is running very healthy, not a sign of too rich or too lean, no reason why CEL should throw.

I even not reset my ECU after installation, still no CEL (of coze I reset the ECU much later on)

Edited by ben yip

I am using stock Injen pod filter, and have driven 18000km on it since installation.. No CEL. but my pod filter sit much more higher than non-facelift models, I can use my towel to clean my filter everytime during car wash. it is reachable by your hands..

According to my dyno, AF ratio is running very healthy, not a sign of too rich or too lean, no reason why CEL should throw.

I even not reset my ECU after installation, still no CEL (of coze I reset the ECU much later on)

I guess I'm just wanting to be precautious with mine - I have a facelift too but I heard that there were other facelift owners who installed with the stock injen filter and threw CEL. But I guess if I can't get my hands on one before the install this weekend, I'll stick with the stock Injen filter until I can get my hands on the 3A Racing one.

@Will: it might sound meaner, but I heard 3A racing pod is best filter hands down, for the amt of airflow.

my old 3a is now black as hell ahaha!!!

you go driving around dirt tracks? :P

my old 3a is now black as hell ahaha!!!

you go driving around dirt tracks? :P

over a year of redline ahaha

So I finally got around to de-badging Leila's rear. So nice and clean now. Cheap mods ftw!

The remaining adhesive was a major pain in the @ss to remove. Thank god for heatgun + WD-40.

photo2li.jpg

Today...

img0175sq.jpg

some final adjustments

img0165nj.jpg

Finally, intake is now installed :)

img0167ny.jpg

Thanks a lot to all the guys johnnieboi, dwee, shin0bi, jaykc, kenshin x, who helped out with the install. Enjoy the left over beers Johnnie LOL.