Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

Nice work mate, S10 looks good.

have you priced up the trd front lip yet, I asked a mate of mine for trade price but he hasnt gotten back to me :(

thanks mate :) Kind of had my first scrapes on the bottom of my S10 today :( kind of unavoidable after lowering - seeing as the muffler is rather big!

lol I won't be hitting up a front lip for a while buddy - need to save my moolah for some other non-car related things (but will probably throw a cold air intake in there somewhere lol).

But yea I would love a trd front lip and I still need some sideys.

How's your car going buddy?

Going pretty good, havent got up to the sub grill yet moving this weekend and bond and 2 weeks rent and rent for current place and cleaning costs so all money is going there atm. Once all that is out of way i think i will be getting the CAI next but not to sure. I have a bigger battery an Optima yellow top d34 to fit in sometime soon and i want to get a rad support plastic cover to cover most of the engine bay aswell.

Yeah I know what you mean man - gotta spend the money on other car related stuff. But I really love the work you did on your own sub box and the lighting! very smex.

Anywho, I thought I'd play around with car a bit and take some pics and muck around with some lighting effects using some of the camera/photography apps on my phone.

med_gallery_24068_1087_113774.jpg

med_gallery_24068_1087_250658.jpg

med_gallery_24068_1087_187239.jpg

And here are just some random shots without any of the effects (teehee finally got my pedobear decal on):

med_gallery_24068_1087_232779.jpg

med_gallery_24068_1087_23151.jpg

Some of them turned out pretty nice I reckon. Need a better camera though ugh.

Looking good - black always looks fantastic :D Although I could never own one, too much cleaning :lol: What are the next plans other than the Injen CAI?

Thanks Tash! Yes, black is horridly impossible to keep clean! But as you said, it always looks good :)

apart from the Injen CAI, I was thinking of either making some more modificaitons to my exhuast (something cat-back as it's currently only axle-back with the Xforce S10 Twinloop) or maybe upgrading the stock sound system (most likely a new head-unit for the time being, and maybe a sub).

Hey mate, I bought it on eBay and it's coming from the states. The one I bought (SP2079BLK) is suited for the zre152's. zze123's wouldn't be compatible with this particular one but I think there is one that will fit. Search around the forums and you will find out cos I'm pretty sure someone with a zze123 has looked for a compatible injen cai before.

• 2 weeks later...

just got the stock cat+resonator torpedo thing replaced at the same place i got my rear done with the xforce twinloop. the guy was like holy f*** that's a monster of a torpedo! threw in a catco metal cat (2 ½") (Mettox 6) (467.3 CFM). can finally hear my exhaust lol. happy now. will think of getting some headers put in later down the track.

took another clip inside my apartment complex carpark so no more wind noises like in the last vid

http://youtu.be/Il4_IcOY0JI?hd=1

Can't wait for the Injen to arrive. Would the CAI make any differences to the exhaust note or just a mre noticeable sound of air induction?

thanks Juvie :)

Yeh there's a bit of a difference (I think anyways. Could be placebo). But, I found with the stock torpedo I had a bit of acceleration/throttle lag (I think that's what it's called?) possibly due to the restriction of the airflow? But now there's like no lag at all and acceleration feels smoother all together. Overall I'm quite happy with the exhaust system right now, but may think about sticking some headers in later down the track.

Lol - noise x2 ftw! xD

took another clip inside my apartment complex carpark so no more wind noises like in the last vid

http://youtu.be/Il4_IcOY0JI?hd=1

Can't wait for the Injen to arrive. Would the CAI make any differences to the exhaust note or just a mre noticeable sound of air induction?

some difference, not big, the same goes for header, some difference, With the CAI, you can hear little turbo spooling sound..

Now my exhaust can even hear some "turbo pop" when changing gear

I am going to replace my catalytic convertor with the high flow ones and see what happens..

Out of topic here, Last night I was in Wollomooloo and there is a road block hunting for modified cars.. Cars with big wheels mostly end up there. There is a RTA insepctor dressed up with suit (formal wear) inspecting cars, WTF, so professional.. Lucky, they are not even interested in my car, but once I change my rims, another story

Edited by ben yip

<youtube clip>

some difference, not big, the same goes for header, some difference, With the CAI, you can hear little turbo spooling sound..

I am going to replace my catalytic convertor with the high flow ones and see what happens..

Out of topic here, Last night I was in Wollomooloo and there is a road block hunting for modified cars.. Cars with big wheels mostly end up there. There is a RTA insepctor dressed up with suit (formal wear) inspecting cars, WTF, so professional.. Lucky, they are not even interested in my car, but once I change my rims, another story

Yep not a huge difference with the hi-flow cat in addition to my twinloop rear, but noticeable nonetheless and I'm happy with it. Btw with the weaponR headers - are they considered "legal" on our roads? I had a look at the website that you gave me Ben where you ordered yours, and I read that they listed it as "For offroad use only".

<youtube clip>

Yep not a huge difference with the hi-flow cat in addition to my twinloop rear, but noticeable nonetheless and I'm happy with it. Btw with the weaponR headers - are they considered "legal" on our roads? I had a look at the website that you gave me Ben where you ordered yours, and I read that they listed it as "For offroad use only".

Edit: wow they actually hunt for modified cars now? shoot. I hope I don't get caught up in anything like that here in Melb.. might get busted for my CAI when I install it - seeing as I'm still on my green P's.

<youtube clip>

i don't know.. From my understanding, unless you have a leaking header, you should be OK

I have checked my car last week and it still shows no sign of crack or leaking due to poor installation..However, one screw is little bit out of place because of the acceleration, which can be easily fix

I have done research about WeaponR Header, cannot find other owners with cracking report so far, you can google and search for it

Also, unless you are using a faulty catalytic convertor or removing it, it will be legal

CAI is legal..

There are few areas that police interested in

1. Old sport cars

2. Super big wheels

3. Unacceptable ride height

Cars that being picked up are

1. AE92 Corolla Black top, everything stock, no idea why ending up there, no CAI, not even have alloy wheels fitted

2. Few EG6 or EK9, there was one with front lights not even working, shaky driver and passenger seats

3. Honda Prelude with big wheels

4. Holden Commodre v8 with big wheels (not even have a CAI)

so many P platers out there

I don't think your car will fall into these categories.

Edited by ben yip

Edit: wow they actually hunt for modified cars now? shoot. I hope I don't get caught up in anything like that here in Melb.. might get busted for my CAI when I install it - seeing as I'm still on my green P's.

yeah, in melb,

only 1 air intake is legal, either cai or fmic,

since you only have your cai, you'll be fine, ;] (Y)