Huey's "Illest" Facelift ZRE

itsmehuey

so an update on the defects... rear towhook removed (easy fix)... and today i took her in to get a resonator/muffler whacked on.. they had difficulties finding a place to put it so they whacked it right in front of my rear muffler. it's pretty effin huge but didn't drown out the sound too much.. pretty much silent on idle, deep sounding still in 1-2.5k rpm range, and 2.5k+ rpm range still roars but definitely not as loud as it was before (even though I wouldn't have considered it loud in the first place)... now I got to get the tints sorted out.

I don't get why u get defect for tint it's not even that dark lol... The places where I go get tinted and stuff if its illegal tint they won't even install it for you. Seems like Police are targeting alot of p-platers with mods =[

Anything lower than 35% is illegal. I dont think your exhaust would of been over legal decibels though. Did you get the DB reading? Was it over 90db? Towhook obviously easy fix. hrmmmm... gay <_<

HWP considered it a "sharp protrution"... fkn bs... how's it any different from a car/truck/suv/van with a towbar?

anyways... defects are cleared, stupid vicroads rep didnt even check the exhaust at all. just walked around my car checked my front tints and bam gave me the papers... she had already signed them off before I even got the car into the inspection bay... sigh.. all that effort for a 30 second look over the car..

Anyways... here's what the zorst sounds like now with the additional muffler.. much more quieter.

http://youtu.be/rzRTVUTydWA?hd=1

man huey~ well glad to know you got it all sorted out, but im still stoke cant believe you had to get another muffler fitted just to quiet it down a bit.... ><" isnt xforce s10 twinloop exhaust legal in australia to have to begin with??? and tow hook? thats real bs, guess i wont be having one install on my car now...sigh... but hey you reckon this will also consider as a SHARP object??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mazda-3-Mazdaspeed3-Racing-Red-Tow-Hook-New-/250926952167?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item3a6c696ee7#ht_2884wt_952

was thinking of having that installed on the front where the two little circle hole is..saw someone had it awhile back.

nah they shouldn't be able to ding you with that.. but who knows with HWP.. HWP up in QLD may be diff to VIC though.. they seem like real pricks here.

And yeah the S10 is already quieter than most other exhausts on the market and is legal in Australia.

haha maybe ill scrap the racing tow hoook, just incase for now and see what happens later when i feel like having it installed on. but sorry for a noob question whats HWP stand for? lolll highway police? but yeh my fiancée dad was telling me about how strict on modding cars coz he doesnt like it when i mod my car, and telling me how NSW law are more strict than QLD espcially on P-platers etc, but yer~ i guess qld tend to target ppl with cars that are from import or older cars that has modification done outside and inside and yet they are P plates.

did you take you car in where you got the S10 installed?

haha maybe ill scrap the racing tow hoook, just incase for now and see what happens later when i feel like having it installed on. but sorry for a noob question whats HWP stand for? lolll highway police? but yeh my fiancée dad was telling me about how strict on modding cars coz he doesnt like it when i mod my car, and telling me how NSW law are more strict than QLD espcially on P-platers etc, but yer~ i guess qld tend to target ppl with cars that are from import or older cars that has modification done outside and inside and yet they are P plates.

Yep - HWP - Highway Patrol.. complete tools.. seriously got nothing better to do than ding me for BS reasons... VIC police (mainly HWP) are getting way more strict on P Platers now.. and that really pisses me off, because when I'm driving on the road, it's mainly full licensed drivers I see that drive like twits.

Nah I actually took it to another place.. good thing I did cos the place I took it to showed me how bad of a job the place I originally got my work done at .. *cough cough* DANDY EXHAUSTS NEVER AGAIN *cough cough*.. the guy was really professional - been in the business for 35 years now and I will be sure to come back to him when it's time for me to get my custom stainless catback job done.

anyways... defects are cleared, stupid vicroads rep didnt even check the exhaust at all. just walked around my car checked my front tints and bam gave me the papers... she had already signed them off before I even got the car into the inspection bay... sigh.. all that effort for a 30 second look over the car..

told ya :P

told ya :P

lol man so annoying. well i went to the burwood one and it was pretty packed and raining too. the tinters who did my tints said not to go to the carlton one (which woulda been closer for me) cos they have the pits to test your whole car, and I read that a lot of ppl that go to burwood get their defects cleared easily. so glad that's over.. but now for the $305 fine.. sigh.. that coulda went towards my rear spats.

Yep - HWP - Highway Patrol.. complete tools.. seriously got nothing better to do than ding me for BS reasons... VIC police (mainly HWP) are getting way more strict on P Platers now.. and that really pisses me off, because when I'm driving on the road, it's mainly full licensed drivers I see that drive like twits.

Nah I actually took it to another place.. good thing I did cos the place I took it to showed me how bad of a job the place I originally got my work done at .. *cough cough* DANDY EXHAUSTS NEVER AGAIN *cough cough*.. the guy was really professional - been in the business for 35 years now and I will be sure to come back to him when it's time for me to get my custom stainless catback job done.

Thought soo yeh hwp here are crazy also and i swear they toyota are pack with turbos or some kind of super charge engine, i remember last time i drove on the highway at like around 11:30pm ish the police was just parking on the middle of the higywat between both ways then suddenly turn on light and REVVVVVV like insanely chasing me then realising he when passed me and was chasing some p plater ahead of me in some old import car i think it was a old skyline lollll..

But u mention early the dandy place what you mean by doing a bad job on a exhaust?? Is this possible to pin point out yourself??

I always go to sunshine. They seem real laid back there

yeahh sunshine seems cool,... although they told me to put back the standard parkers all because i had smd led ones <_<

the assesing guy said "why do you do that?"

i told him to look cool... and shook his head.. bahahah

lol yeah i heard the same. I always go to sunshine. They seem real laid back there and had no issues with em. Dont let it deter you! Your cop pointing out skills improve with time! haha

Haha well I'm not sure whether sunshine is closer to me or burwood.. both seem like a pretty decent drive out from southbank. yeah I'll know to drive like a granny around all unmarked HSV's from now on.

Thought soo yeh hwp here are crazy also and i swear they toyota are pack with turbos or some kind of super charge engine, i remember last time i drove on the highway at like around 11:30pm ish the police was just parking on the middle of the higywat between both ways then suddenly turn on light and REVVVVVV like insanely chasing me then realising he when passed me and was chasing some p plater ahead of me in some old import car i think it was a old skyline lollll..

But u mention early the dandy place what you mean by doing a bad job on a exhaust?? Is this possible to pin point out yourself??

Nah the botched job was the actual piping. the welding was done fine but the piping and the hangers were F'ed.. The rubber hanger they used for my xforce at the rear was almost gone.. any more longer and it would have snapped.. Also, they made the rear stick out too much so the guys actually fixed this up for me too for free (along with some new rubber hangers and washers.).. I advise anyone looking for good quality work to NEVER go to Dandy exhausts.. I went to The Muffler Man in Prahran.. great bloke with a long history of exhaust knowledge and very helpful advice.. going back to him next year for a full blown stainless catback.

keep in mind huey, you got busted by the most strictest highway patrol officer in victoria. Any money, any other cop they would have let you off without anything.

Yeah I know man.. sigh.. fkn wrong place wrong time. I've driven past SO MANY COPS in my car since I got it started in the modding scene, but no cop has ever pulled me up for anything. Not even the rear P plates! Anyways, c'est la vie...

yeahh sunshine seems cool,... although they told me to put back the standard parkers all because i had smd led ones <_<

don't know why they consider LED parkers as worthy of a defect. that's just stupid...

Nah the botched job was the actual piping. the welding was done fine but the piping and the hangers were F'ed.. The rubber hanger they used for my xforce at the rear was almost gone.. any more longer and it would have snapped.. Also, they made the rear stick out too much so the guys actually fixed this up for me too for free (along with some new rubber hangers and washers.).. I advise anyone looking for good quality work to NEVER go to Dandy exhausts.. I went to The Muffler Man in Prahran.. great bloke with a long history of exhaust knowledge and very helpful advice.. going back to him next year for a full blown stainless catback.

Ah i seeee, well over here at gold coast i dont even know where is a good exhaust place i just when to this place called southport exhaust lol~~ and got mine done there. still good but i shall have take a good look around the exhaust you mention when i bring it over to my friend garage when he help me with some stuff on the car.

yeahh sunshine seems cool,... although they told me to put back the standard parkers all because i had smd led ones

LED PARKER are illegal to have on???? >=o

coz ive that just liked yours changed everything to LED SMD lol coz it lookss "Koool bro" >=] man...now im worry...

Damn Huey, unlucky with the defect man. I actually read the last few pages but didn't see/read where you got done? Did Pettit do you?

And I agree: Dandy Exhausts is the biggest waste of time. Guy guaranteed me a single tip pea shooter muffler would clear my EPA test. After paying for the muffler, labour and test - Boom, failed. Ended up clearing it in Box Hill with a few 'additions'

Damn Huey, unlucky with the defect man. I actually read the last few pages but didn't see/read where you got done? Did Pettit do you?

And I agree: Dandy Exhausts is the biggest waste of time. Guy guaranteed me a single tip pea shooter muffler would clear my EPA test. After paying for the muffler, labour and test - Boom, failed. Ended up clearing it in Box Hill with a few 'additions'

yeah, thanks bud. least it's all cleared now. Yep.. bloody Pettett.. he tried to do me for 305$ + 3 demerit points when he gave me the option of 150$ + 3 demerit points OR 305$ + 0 demerit points.. so shifty I swear.. good thing I checked the infringement notice as soon as soon as I got back.

Any reputable exhaust places you could recommend me for future purposes?