BP Ultimate and kluger???

Sujitsu

Hey guys,

i have read nearly all the post on which is the best fuel for the Kluger but i am still not sure if i should go for the BP Ultimate or the BP 95 Octane. I reckon BP Ultimate is the best fuel but i have read topics that say the Kluger is tuned for 91 octane and using Ulimate would'nt make any difference to the car...........What you guys reckon???

Just go with any 98 octane petrol. BP ultimate, V-power and 98 Vortex are pretty much the same but only with different additives. I prefer V-power because i know it gives me a better throttle response than BP ultimate. Never tried Vortex 98 because access to Caltex for me is harder than Shell or BP.

Your ECU will detect the change from 91 to 98 octanc petrol and will adjust to it.

Edited by A Buff Hamster

Using 95 or above on 91 octane car will not damage your engine.

If you switch from 91 to 98, you will need at least two refill to feel the big difference.

Once your engine get use of 98, if you swich back to 91, my experience is the car will ***** when you try to accelerate because the engine hasn't get use to the 91 yet.

You need a little bit of patient for this.

Give it a go!

Edited by the-converter

Most importantly, if you want a clean engine, then you should at least use 95 RON fuel. There are other benefits I've experienced using 98 RON in my Aurion(my experiences can apply to you since the engines are the same), which are the fact that the engine runs more quietly ,the fuel economy relatively improves and hence more environmental friendly and as the others mentioned before me the throttle response and power sharpens as well. For about an extra $7 thereabouts per tank, the benefits are worth considering.

I use BP Ultimate (having tried Vortex and VPower) and i must admit that BP Ultimate wins hands down.. its a bit pricier than the others but the cold start up is quieter and the car seems to be more nimble especially when accelerating from a stand still.

Cheers Noodle boy and Matt. I really appreciate you guys passing your knowledge and experience. Thanx

Have you guys read my topic about the kluger bluetooth?? its posted right below this topic.

They did a recent experiment on this on tv.

Was one of the better experiments done with fuels as they allowed for various outside influences, even fuel in pump/lines etc. (below link explains it all)

In short the 98 fuels cost you less per tank even allowing for the additional pump price. And this is before you even take into account the added cleaners,

and how much better it is for your engine overall.

The worst by far was e10 fuel, the sting to economy made it worse than 98 price wise!

Most people only look at the pump price sadly, and will swear black and blue that their fuel choice is smarter despite any real evidence. They end up costing themselves more!!

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/money/8238850/aca-sunday-which-petrol

Cheers

• 8 months later...

IVE ONLY JUST STARTED USING BP ULTIMATE AND IVE NOTICED BETTER FUEL ECONOMY STRAIGHT AWAY. THE LAST TANKFUL I USED 95 AND COUIDNT SEE ANY BETTER ECONOMY OVER 91.

Dont use E10 as batches can be contaminated. I recently had my car serviced for E10 contamination and after a good clean out the Kluger still doent feel quite the same.

Stick with 98 as the few extra dollars will give you more mileage and save you heaps at the mechanic.

Dont use E10 as batches can be contaminated. I recently had my car serviced for E10 contamination and after a good clean out the Kluger still doesnt feel quite the same.

Stick with 98 as the few extra dollars will give you more mileage and save you heaps at the mechanic.