Opinion on new wheels

itsmehuey

Hi guys,

So I'm going to go shoe shopping this weekend (tomorrow hopefully - so excited! :D) and wanted everyone's opinion on a set of rims:

Advanti Talon (in black) -

advanti-talon-black.jpg

http://www.bigotyres...vantiwheels/142

Wanted to go with the black-on-black colour scheme (stealthy look).. already got my windows tinted pretty dark so think it would suit pretty well.. gonna lower the sucker too.

17" big enough? lol.

I like those, looked at them too, they are a Wedssport SA55M copy but I don't think these are black, dark gray matt finish if i remember...

Taleb tyres have them too and possibly cheaper, I know they have one on display

edit: they come in gloss black and matt graphite, 17x7 is the largest

I like those, looked at them too, they are a Wedssport SA55M copy but I don't think these are black, dark gray matt finish if i remember...

Well I just got off the phone with Bridgestone Select and they offered me a wheel and tyre package including the 17" Advanti Talon in black and fitted with Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001's as tyres (215/45/17) for $1500 (includes $200 trade in of my old stock wheels).

What do you guys think about that?

Well I just got off the phone with Bridgestone Select and they offered me a wheel and tyre package including the 17" Advanti Talon in black and fitted with Bridgestone Adrenalin RE001's as tyres (215/45/17) for $1500 (includes $200 trade in of my old stock wheels).

What do you guys think about that?

It's not bad but I think you can get a better price for that package elsewhere, without giving up your stockies

thanks Juvenille :)

they actually called back and told me they only have the gunmetal grey version in stock. Not sure which to go for because they both look nice!

ADVANTI-TALON-GUNM-ADD.jpg

5310415110055024da70ac60380c.jpg

gives it kind of a smokey look.

They do come in 18x8.0 Offset +45.

I would think you'd be able to get 18's at that price, but most probably with cheaper tyres, like Kumho's.

They do come in 18x8.0 Offset +45.

I would think you'd be able to get 18's at that price, but most probably with cheaper tyres, like Kumho's.

Didn't really want to cheap out on the tyres too much so opted for 17". Think I'm going to bite and get them done tomorrow with the gunmetal. Will post pics once I get it :)

lol sometimes it's good to break away from the norm. Plus I saw some pics of gunmetal rims on black cars and it looks hot. smokeyyyyy. Still keeps the stealthy colourscheme too.

My brother just photoshopped some pics for me lol..

the "not lowered" pic (left) looks completely lawl - like a mini SUV. and the lowered pic (right) is a bit too low especially at the front lol.

post-24068-0-45570900-1307096054_thumb.p

post-24068-0-43168700-1307096059_thumb.p

lol sometimes it's good to break away from the norm. Plus I saw some pics of gunmetal rims on black cars and it looks hot. smokeyyyyy. Still keeps the stealthy colourscheme too.

the "not lowered" pic (left) looks completely lawl - like a mini SUV. and the lowered pic (right) is a bit too low especially at the front lol.

Second pic is awesome. Your bro got skills

Second pic is awesome. Your bro got skills

lol you can see the cropping but i didnt catch it until i looked at the pic carefully. but yeh.. we'll see how things look tomorrow when I get them installed tomorrow and my lowering done too :)

Lol thanks man. No worries.

Well my wheels are installed and they look pretty slick IMO. Just dropped the car off at Pedders to get lowered. So will be taking the car for a washy washy afterwards and hopefully it will look all sweet and shmick. Photos to come later today :)

Lol thanks man. No worries.

Well my wheels are installed and they look pretty slick IMO. Just dropped the car off at Pedders to get lowered. So will be taking the car for a washy washy afterwards and hopefully it will look all sweet and shmick. Photos to come later today :)

ive got my eye on these

comprims.jpg

Niiice mate. 3, 4 and 1 are my favs (in order of preference) but you really gotta see them against the car to really have a feel for what they will look like on ur car. (or a decent photoshop job lol).

Almost time to pick up my car and take it for a washeewashee.

Hey jeffy, I like 2,3 and 5 and have seen them on Corollas,look good.. Stay away from 4, great in pics but the finish and colours make it look so cheap and dated now...