Urgent Soarer info required, starting issues.

KIRIUS

First off apologies if i put this in the wrong thread, i didnt see a soarer forum o.0? are they classified as lexus..?

Just bought it off a mate, the thing has sat there unreg'd 6 mnths its a JZ GTE Soarer front badge lexus, rear is toyota lol.. no idea why..

ANYWAYS, trying to kick it over and get it going again the thing has a flat battery so we put temp battery in it and hooked up some leads, done the usual charge method.,..

car wont start, it tries kicking over and ocasionally gets compression, the fuses and electronics click when you turn the key also someone suggested to listen for the fuel pump.

no noise from that, we tried booting the tank. haha.

it will attempt to start and has idled twice for a few seconds, but wouldnt kick over, no luck after an hour.

we checked oil, water, had quarter tank old fuel so we put in another quarter, brand new premium.

its seems like its just not getting the charge/spark..

could this be an issue like spark plugs or a seized turbo? x)

I am a celica owner i know ***** all bout rear wheel turbo's so any info/exp with these you have would help me out tonnes

Edited by KIRIUS

Check if its getting spark. Pull a spark plug out, attache it to a plug lead and leave the plug resting on something metal (so it makes a circut) then kick it over, you should be able to see the spark between the points.

Thanks Mick shall give it a go!

does it seem highly probable that its just the plugs you reckon if its had 6mnths no use? :huh:

Edited by KIRIUS

does it seem highly probable that its just the plugs you reckon if its had 6mnths no use? :huh:

plugs could be fouled, could be full of ****ty fuel, so id be cleaning them/replaceing them and the fuel filter

• 1 month later...

plugs could be fouled, could be full of ****ty fuel, so id be cleaning them/replaceing them and the fuel filter

If you have some ether or easy start spray stuff try spraying some into the air intake while some one cranks the engine over, you can also use a butane/propane blow torch (not lit of cause) to feed some gas in there, be careful doing this as it's very imflamable and may blow back from the intake.

If the engine fires and tries to run using this stuff you know you have a spark and the problem is fuel related.

Sorry if non of this makes sense, I'm a Pom. I just joined the forum as I also need some help with my Celsior so in return tried to help out with this problem