Poo Fuel in stivo?

Bought my 03 stivo last week, it had 3/4 of a tank in it which didnt last very long. i got 316kms out of it.

filled it up today with shell V-power and i have extraordinarily done 175kms and it hasnt even tip over quarter tank used yet...

im very happy with my new found economy, especially after my last car...

my question is, is there any problems i can expect from it being filled with unknown crap fuel? guy i bought it off seemed abit airheaded in regards to car stuff so it was probs treated like this for the 6 months he said he owned it...

anything i can check out to make sure its all hunkydory? anything i should be worried about?

This is what happens when you use 'poo fuel in your stivo' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engine_knocking

Use 95 ron or higher, clean the fuel tank filters, info found on the forum, and service the car with all appropriate oils and fluids changed so as to wipe the slate clean, so to speak. Happy lifting and welcome, the forum should give you a few days worth of reading. :D

one of the first things i do when buying a used car is change the fuel filter and reset ecu, this should help improve fuel abit and i always fuel with shell v-power haha

Edited by 2204

Give the car a good service make sure you change the fuel filter and air filter and in my sportivo I always use 98 and I get 700km to a tank easy and I got cold air and have just gotten full exhaust and extractors and I've done 300km and I still got over half inthe middle of 3/4 and half so chose one type of fuel and stick to it I think you car will thank you lol :D

Same thing for me, I always get the following change straight away:

1. Oil & filter

2. Fuel filter

3. Air filter only if necessary

4. Spark plug

5. Transmission fluid

Never thought of resting of ECU, next time will do that as well.

Same thing for me, I always get the following change straight away:

1. Oil & filter

2. Fuel filter

3. Air filter only if necessary

4. Spark plug

5. Transmission fluid

Never thought of resting of ECU, next time will do that as well.

+1

Plus a fuel injector treatment.

It sound like a lot, but it should run like new after that shopping list is done.

Thanks guys... service will come soon, might wait untill im used to the 6-speed (i know its my fault but) i keep crunching 3rd. once im acquainted ill do all fluids and plugs. downloading workshop manual now, 1h38mins = 39% <_<

you're right lukey lots of reading, thought i was free of it being uni hols but no.

can i throw another question in here please? my owners manual that i got with the car only covers corolla in general, there isnt any 2zzge stuff, is that normal, or did i got stooged on the manual?

welcome to the forums

what do you mean you crunch 3rd?

thanks prozak!

well for the first maybe 5-6 days i had it, in traffic mostly, i would be shifting to 3rd and i dunno if i was hitting 1st by mistake or i was too quick with the clutch but it would crunch/grind instead of being in gear... hasnt happened for a few days now so i think its all good. but yeah, i would crunch 3rd occasionally. didnt happen every time so i know its my fault.

the clutch is very light and bitey and its all very close together, vastly different from my 94 pulsar i had before this. i think it was just growning pains...

well for the first maybe 5-6 days i had it, in traffic mostly, i would be shifting to 3rd and i dunno if i was hitting 1st by mistake or i was too quick with the clutch but it would crunch/grind instead of being in gear... hasnt happened for a few days now so i think its all good. but yeah, i would crunch 3rd occasionally. didnt happen every time so i know its my fault.

the clutch is very light and bitey and its all very close together, vastly different from my 94 pulsar i had before this. i think it was just growning pains...

It takes a bit of getting used to driving a different car.

I wonder if there's a way to check if cars have had the ECU and gearbox checked by Toyota re: the recall.

Give the car a good service make sure you change the fuel filter and air filter and in my sportivo I always use 98 and I get 700km to a tank easy and I got cold air and have just gotten full exhaust and extractors and I've done 300km and I still got over half inthe middle of 3/4 and half so chose one type of fuel and stick to it I think you car will thank you lol :D

how the hell u get 700kms in a full tank lol.. i struggle just to get over 550kms ><

and i just got a cai

how the hell u get 700kms in a full tank lol.. i struggle just to get over 550kms ><

and i just got a cai

fill to the brim LOL, i mean till u see the fuel in ya nozzle lol, then ull get 90km before the needle even starts to move LOL. made it from penriff to g/f's house (50km away), and didnt notice the fuel needle move till i was nearly home.. thats northern rd at 80km/h, stuck behind a truck :unsure:

yeh easy shifts nice take offs dnt get greeedy on lift and ull do 600..

Edited by 123R-Prozak

and i just got a cai

fill to the brim LOL, i mean till u see the fuel in ya nozzle lol, then ull get 90km before the needle even starts to move LOL. made it from penriff to g/f's house (50km away), and didnt notice the fuel needle move till i was nearly home.. thats northern rd at 80km/h, stuck behind a truck :unsure:

yeh easy shifts nice take offs dnt get greeedy on lift and ull do 600..

hahaha yeah i tried dat before btu i cant help hitting LIFT!! its INTOXICATING! =D

I wonder if there's a way to check if cars have had the ECU and gearbox checked by Toyota re: the recall.

A silver sticker inside the drivers door pillar should be there with a number and a date. http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/957102 . Interesting site at recalls.gov.au I wonder who owned the two corolla's in 2003 who had a recall?