Must love the RED PIPE

Hey there, Finaly got my trd cai fitted, thanks to Northy who did it for me. Must say u can feel the big difference. Love the perfomance,exaust sound and sound from intake sucking up the air. I give it 10/10 :D.

Big Russ no fuss

Shamen, If i'm guessing right ur're in singapore?

No the CAI that we all talk about is for the 1zze or 2zze engine (1.8L)

but there is an AEM CAI that is suitable for ur car, and I have it on good authority that yahoo auctions singapore may have one.

I install mine 2 days ago too, just wondering is it normal to get a "PSSS" noise after I rev the engine? (a bit like the sound you get when you turn the car off, 05 Stivo) It's more noticeable when the car is cold and in neutral. haha I didn't know the TRD CAI comes with a fake BOV :rolleyes: Hopefully the sound is normal coz I check everywhere and can''t seems to find any leaks etc. Also what do you guys use to cover the hole next to the VSV?

As for power gain it's definitely noticeable, feels like it got more torque, and the engine rev less on Highway speed (~3800rpm compare to ~4200rpm @ 120km/h) So far I really love mine, just the noise is a bit concerning...

Yeah, I get that from my pod too... I think its just the back the pod sucks air in... but it shouldn't be continuous tho... should sound like a BOV... unless u're talking about the hissing when u first start the engine when its cold, coz thats normal

I install mine 2 days ago too, just wondering is it normal to get a "PSSS" noise after I rev the engine? (a bit like the sound you get when you turn the car off, 05 Stivo) It's more noticeable when the car is cold and in neutral. haha I didn't know the TRD CAI comes with a fake BOV  :rolleyes:  Hopefully the sound is normal coz I check everywhere and can''t seems to find any leaks etc. Also what do you guys use to cover the hole next to the VSV?

As for power gain it's definitely noticeable, feels like it got more torque, and the engine rev less on Highway speed (~3800rpm compare to ~4200rpm @ 120km/h) So far I really love mine, just the noise is a bit concerning...

It's called induction noise dude...one of the sexiest sounds in my opinion hat is produced from a NA car...

Hell yeah, I just love the hissing. This is the 3rd car where I installed another intake on but this is definately the loudest.

When I start the engine at the supermarket people just look wondering what is happening!

It is pretty loud :D

The engine shutdown noise from the CAI is great, but the mechanical startup noise from the TOM's flywheel is even better.. Toyota mechanics don't know what the hell's going on and shuts it down, then starts it up again thinking something is not right! :D :D

The engine shutdown noise from the CAI is great, but the mechanical startup noise from the TOM's flywheel is even better.. Toyota mechanics don't know what the hell's going on and shuts it down, then starts it up again thinking something is not right!  :D  :D

Haha.....stupid :lol:

Is the TRD cold air intake a direct fit or does it need to be modified to fit?

There is 1 bracket that needs to be slightly modified but other than that its a good fit.

Is the TRD cold air intake a direct fit or does it need to be modified to fit?

The TRD CAI will fit, but because the trd pod filter is long and wide, and it will be rubbing against the fog lights if you leave it as is.

your solutions:

# use k&n RX-3900-1 pod filter instead of the trd pod filter much better fitting; or

# use custom elbow join, to move the pod away from the pod light; or

# cut the TRD CAI pipe;

see link below about trd cai

http://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/inde...?showtopic=3414