extra seats

naussien

Hi im looking at buying a 8 seat glx or gli tarago. (The one with motor under bonnet not under seat)I seen 1 that was converted to a 9 seat with the extra seat put in the front.I was wondering if any one can tell me what i would have to do to add this extra seat,or any legal issuies with adding the extra seat.I just have no clue on who to see about this any help will be greatly appreciated.

edit** ive been looking and found the seats called "dual passanger seat", that is what im after to put in, so would also like to know if other makes of toyota (hiace for example), would fit and is it legal to put in the extra seat.ive googled alot but all i can find is "baby seat" info

thnks again

Edited by naussien

i think it has to be complianced to be a 9 seater in australia, not sure what bolt on items would fit

When i added an extra seat into a commodore a few years back, it had to be compliance even though it was a bolt on. so i assume you would need the same for the extra seat in a tarago also check the seat bels when i had the extra seat in the commodore i was only allowed two seat belts not three. now this was many years ago and thigs change. also look on to your tasmania registry site and see what rules they have also.

Edited by 1rocky