Help! Removal of Stereo in a 2000 Corolla Levin

Nic

Hi,

I am looking at installing some audio gear in my corolla (AE112R Liftback Levin Conquest 5dr Man 5sp 1.8i) and am a little bit intimidated by the dash. It is the model that has a cassette and 6 cd changer mounted in a double din spot poking out of the top of the dash in the center.

does anyone know where i might find a guide or manual or something to help me out :)

any help would be very much appreciated.

thank you

Nic

the way to remove that dash is easy :) the 2 airconditioning vens along with the hazard lights, pull that out.

inside there will be 2 bolts they will be up the top pointing up on a angle, remove them and that whole top part with the double DIN will come out and u can easily acess everything you want.

hope that helps,

Andrew

i'm in Perth WA :D

and thank you for the guide, but its the wrong model... my vents and hazard lights are below my stereo... not to the side :/

i will have to take a picture of it and upload it :)

until that time... behold my awful mspaint diagram

post-1110-1124271102_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nic

apon furhter investigation, darkeh's instructions proved to be very helpful.

thank you very much :D

i am now also looking at the speakers in the front doors. they have a metal bracket around them that is secured into the door with what looks to be some weird kind of rivet that i can't seem to get off :(

does anyone have any experience with changing these speakers?

i saw instructions for the 03 sportivo which involved cuting out the speaker and ruining it to put in the new ones. if i could avoid that it would be fantastic!!

thanks again for the help.

Nic

ok speakers :) what i did in my previous car was drill the rivets, the bracket fully like joins with the speaker with all this glue crap.

i put like pionerr 6" in the front, so what i did was get some wood, about say 12mm

traced around that old bracket and used that to fit the new speakers.

hope that also helps :)

Hi,

I am looking at installing some audio gear in my corolla (AE112R Liftback Levin Conquest 5dr Man 5sp 1.8i)

What is a Levin Conquest.... ;) ;) ;)

The AE112R came in the following models...

Ascent Hatch

Ascent Sedan

Conquest Hatch

Conquest Sedan

Ultima Hatch

Ultima Sedan

Levin Hatch

The Levin & the Conquest were 2 different models...

The Levin & the Conquest were 2 different models...

hmmm thats a good point... i copied that line from red book in the hope of avoiding confusion.

it looks like it has had the opposite effect :D

thank you again darkeh. i figured i would have to do something like that but wanted to make sure there wasn't an easier way. i am getting some pioneer TS-C160R splits... i think i got that model number right :blink:

if my digi camera decides to work i will have to make a guide to all the stuff i end up doing. i have found it hard to find info for it on the net. this forum has proved to be very helpful though :D

thanks again. i'm sure i will have more questions at some stage lol :lol:

Nic

• 3 weeks later...

ok for the door pods/spacers...

this is what i did in my sisters car... (2001 AE122R)

obvioulsy take off doortrim and drill out the rivets of the metal mounting brackets... get yourself some 9mm mdf and trace the mounting bracket onto the mdf and cut it out... you will have sort of a triangular shape... cut out ur speaker hole next...

line up the existing holes and drill them into the mdf, use some small bolts, or small screws with small nuts and secure the spacer into place, screw ur speaker in an voila ur done.

also, 9mm was used according to he depth of her speakers, find out the depth of urs before using 9mm... in our case this cleared the window mechanism aswell as the inner ring on the doortrim... (turn over door trim and ull see the inner ring i m talkin about, this "butts up" against the foam surround of the metal bracket, u following?)

before i mounted the spacers i gave them a coat of "clear" from a pressure pack can to make them water proof...

i also have 2 spares that are waiting to go into my others sisters corolla, (2000 AE122R) (same model) so if i can find em, ill take a pic and show u the spacer...

ALSO TAKE NOTE: the triangular spacers are not symmetrical so they HAVE to go on a certain way, to match the contours of the inner door skin. and i *think* left and right sides are slightly different.

hope that helps u...

heres a pic of the finished product... with speaker mounted... if u need pics of the actual things then let me know... fairly basic really...

please post any comments or questions regarding my method or finished product

EDIT: Pics wont work...? dunno wot the go is there...

Edited by mad89