Boot light wiring

TRD468

Ever since i have owned my Aurion the boot light never worked. I changed the bulb and it still doesn't work. I was told it isn't the fuse because if it was all my lights inside the car wouldn't work. So i believe it is in the wiring. I have had a look and there is a red and black wire that leads to the bulb case. but i can't track it down and find out where it ends up. does anyone know where this wire goes ? By the way, there is no current going through the wires. <_<

Hi toyota pride, mate check out your boot catch as that is what switches your boot light on/off.With your boot lid open you will see the wiring go up along the RH. boot lid hinge.Mate I am not sure how many wires are within the loom, maybe there is only one and it earths out when the lid is open,that might explain why it appears dead/not active,anyway grab a screw driver and give the latch inside the catch itself a slight push.(simulating the closing action against the striker) as our boot light goes off just by me pushing the latch in about 5mm or so. I just ducked out to the garage and tried it before replying to you,,

Hope all goes good for you,Cheers CONROD

Thanks for the reply mate, i appreciate it. I took the lining off today to see the wires, and i can see which lume goes where. The only problem is that there are alot of red and black wires. But i will try out what you told me. And i will see if i can solve the problem. But i also just realised another problem. My rear left door light doesn't work either and that bulb is fine aswell, and all the wiring is intact...... what could this mean..? :unsure: