Clutch + Gearbox.

Hello Again All :),

had the stivo now for a few months really loving it but alittle problem clutch has warped, so in need of a new clutch thinking exedy hd? just a weekend car for fun also the 1-2nd issues has ****** me off far to long will a reconditioned gearbox fix the issue? aka new synchros, bushing, bearings? thanks all :)

My question is really what clutch's are great price wise also flywheels? or nah stick to standard.

Toyota clutch isn't cheap, so you'll be going aftermarket. Can't comment on which one though.

With the flywheel, it isn't all that harder to drive with a lighter flywheel. But the lighter flywheel isn't going to make the car significantly faster. Up to you what you want to do.

my opinion is just to machine the flywheel back, and get a exedy heavy duty clutch (a lot of members have had good stories from exedy).

like you mentioned, just a weekend car right? don't need to blow out your wallet.

The 1st to 2nd issue in my car was the clutch i changed the clutch and the flywheel it made changing a dream i highly recommend do that 1st with changes of the gear box oils. and your car would most likely be shifting like a dream unless your not the best of drivers and pretty much wrecked the box.

my only worry is i drive to crow's nest 5 days a week car is in need of a clutch,gearbox fix its done 90 thousand km the type r is alittle quicker to 100 down the 1/4 its easier to live with mainly i can pick up a decent FN2 Type r with only 20-30thousand km for 25-26k? i can drive it everyday atm the sportivo is drawing ALOT of attention and by the time i sell it .. so many kms + doesn't seem to love traffic.

my only worry is i drive to crow's nest 5 days a week car is in need of a clutch,gearbox fix its done 90 thousand km the type r is alittle quicker to 100 down the 1/4 its easier to live with mainly i can pick up a decent FN2 Type r with only 20-30thousand km for 25-26k? i can drive it everyday atm the sportivo is drawing ALOT of attention and by the time i sell it .. so many kms + doesn't seem to love traffic.

Why is it drawing a lot of attention?

red p plater with a bright red sportivo on black wheels in mint condition at St leonards Or Crow's Nest station draws a huge key attempt already had it done twice

Sorry I don't get the last part, someone keyed your car?

And you think getting the madly styled Type-R is going to help? I've only recently started getting interested in sporty cars and even I know what a Type-R is. To be honest, before I joined this forum, I didn't know there was a sporty Corolla with similar performance to the Type-R. I thought Sportivo is just a cosmetic upgrade.

I'm pretty sure you'll draw more attention with a Type-R than you do with a Sportivo mate.

• Like 1

i guess if you're worried about future resale value than id say sell the sportivo now and get the FN2. As long as your FN2 looks stock, i cant see it getting anyone's attention to key it.

My only factor would be insurance.

should change ur clutch soon since the clutch is warped as it will do damage in the long term and end up costing more in the repair bill, but if u want to change ur car then dont bother

ps. with ur current condition of ur clutch u shouldn't push the car hard until u get ur clutch replaced

fair call mate well i have decieded the car is only at 85thousand km she drives beautiful may aswell daily drive it love it and enjoy i am replacing the clutch,flywheel and also reconditioning the gearbox :) should run beautiful and lol mark i literally let lift kick in once a week i mean 1 time a week also i daily drive and change at around 2400 lol and sit at 85km on highway to keep revs down the thing is a little baby :)

too all the sportivo's lover i thought i would like a type r but vtec just isnt lift not the sound nor the kick

I wouldn't be changing the box it sounds like you just need to do the clutch and have the flywheel machined to me.. by the way you speak it sounds like your one of those guys that flogs the absolute snot out of the car all day every day.. nothing last forever especially with harsh treatment.

I wouldn't be changing the box it sounds like you just need to do the clutch and have the flywheel machined to me.. by the way you speak it sounds like your one of those guys that flogs the absolute snot out of the car all day every day.. nothing last forever especially with harsh treatment.

ah? i just said in my post above i drive the thing like a complete baby? i wash my car twice a week change fully synthetic every 5k.. i dont ever ride the clutch i have put new brake pads on at 50% i baby the *****.. out of my car on the highway never stay at 90km to keep revs down?

ah? i just said in my post above i drive the thing like a complete baby? i wash my car twice a week change fully synthetic every 5k.. i dont ever ride the clutch i have put new brake pads on at 50% i baby the *****.. out of my car on the highway never stay at 90km to keep revs down?

No offence but what's the point of owning a Sportivo if you're just gonna baby it? Might as well get an Ascent.

^ what is the point in buying a nice car if all your going to do is thrash it difference between enjoying your car and thrashing, i still have a good cruise just no need to every light race people and loose my licenese