Aurion Stereo Upgrade

cal025

not really sure... know that the one i have is prob not doing the amp and rest of the sound system justice... 150ish... then i can just put it straight into the box i have... DIY... maybe

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/360394986555?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I got a great deal on a POLK DB1040DVC 10" 540W sub, less than $100 from WOW. It has made a significant difference to the low end sound quality. Very happy with the system now...

I got a great deal on a POLK DB1040DVC 10" 540W sub, less than $100 from WOW. It has made a significant difference to the low end sound quality. Very happy with the system now...

270W will certainly compliment your Rockford much better than 150W. That's pretty much double your power for under $100. Not bad at all.

how does the staging sound up front?

im running the following in my aurion...

w502e headunit..

Dynaudio 242 splits front stage

Soon to be upgraded to Esotar 3 ways

Image dynamics IDq12's x 2 in the boot

soon to be 2 x 12inch Dynaudio subs...

Amps

Tru Technology Billet 4100 and 2200 amps

Soon to be getting upgraded to

4 x 2200

2 x 4100

and i get my new h800 processor this week and a ****load of sTp bomb sound deadener from drew at northfield moorooka

this is the boot at the moment.. :D

297558_254310894593202_109218059102487_938011_6625587_n.jpg

• Like 1

^ F*** me that is a neat setup. If only I had the money.

thanks and its only the beggining...

if your anywhere near harrys diner early next month we have the final of the MEASQ comp...

damn! that looks legit! definitely a cut above!!!

i'm happy with the front sound staging, had the tweeters installed in the factory location but with the -2db option (i am told). i don't notice the separation, although that might change if i were to listen to a top-of-the-line system... so i'll steer clear... lol

cheers :D

cal if you want ot make the sound a bit better, get yourself some STP bomb from northfield at moorooka or some stp gold - ****s on dynamat, i used dynamat but until i got this bomb installed (its about 4mm thick) the bass is so much tighter and rattles... what rattles. However its a bit expensive but worth every cent!

im doing some more next weekend on mine, going to finish doing some of the boot as well as the back doors, and if i get a chance might hit some of the floor as well.

as you can probably tell im an audiophile... sure i like things that goe fast, but i get pinned for speeding so i spend the money sound wise :D

until i get the cash for my atom arial (8 month till its in the country - $90k on road BANG BANG )

cheers :D

as you can probably tell im an audiophile... sure i like things that goe fast, but i get pinned for speeding so i spend the money sound wise :D

Dont they have to be Studio active / powered monitors SPL 134db + Class D amp to be an Audiphile fan :P hehe

Thailand

0untitled1copy.jpg

Vs

Australia

297558_254310894593202_109218059102487_938011_6625587_n.jpg

Just s**t stirring lol your rig is definitely better than mine. The Thai one is just a virtuoso!!

Theres sure a hell allot of base there. do you have / or plan on getting an annular polymer diaphragm, neodymium, compression driver to balance it out?

Unless you like R&B and dance then your fine, that music never reaches any ranges anyway :)

I'll stick with my 8x JBL prx612m's for mastering and composing music there bad ***** powered speakers :P

Edited by Marty0001

well the coming plans are as follows

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/auto/esotar/esotar1200.php

But im also looking at adding 3 more Billet 2200 amps in teh back along with 2 x 4100 billet amps as well to run the 3 ways up front.

However if i had a spare $25k id get a set of Z studios but hey they are made from the bones of dionsaurs and souls of babies...

see that thai set up, sure looks cool, however the way its designed isnt for sq, its purely for show. the splits he has in the boot would be pointless, however his sub box design is quite good.

ill get some up to date pics when i start the new part of the install... it pending on coin considering the subs and splits are going to cost me about $6k all up then the amps probably the same as well.

Edited by BNO

BNO how is the performance of the subs location in the boot? Ive been tossing up whether or not to side mount (in similar enclosures to your own) or to keep my dual 12" setup in a sealed box right behind the rear seats. Also does your boot and/or parcel shelf rattle much when the subs are on?

BNO how is the performance of the subs location in the boot? Ive been tossing up whether or not to side mount (in similar enclosures to your own) or to keep my dual 12" setup in a sealed box right behind the rear seats. Also does your boot and/or parcel shelf rattle much when the subs are on?

I can't comment for BNO but if I was to add something, it would have to be that having a side firing sub setup would more likely give you a higher dB. I had experimented with various configurations and found that layout to yield better results when seeking volume.

I can't comment for BNO but if I was to add something, it would have to be that having a side firing sub setup would more likely give you a higher dB. I had experimented with various configurations and found that layout to yield better results when seeking volume.

+1

I have had many subwoofer installations over the years and side firing appears the best compromise for overall experience.

Further those people who argue that opposing side firing woofers would cancel each other out need to do more research on wave theory. Unless the subs were in opposite polarity they'd be fine

So 2 months later, the crappy sony speaker installation is history. Got some experience from it though.

Now I've got Rockford front & rear speakers powered by a 4ch 760w Pioneer amp

a 10" alpine sub in a sealed box powered by a 2ch bridged 760w Pioneer amp

All installed perfectly by myself :clap:

SQ is pretty awesome, even with the stock head unit (which will be replaced by a pioneer HU next week)

However, there's an annoying rattle in the boot. I suspect it's coming from the spoiler. I've already pulled out the rear parcel shelf and dampened the metal shelf under it but the rattle is still there.

Anyone experiencing that problem?

Edited by lasertip

Hamster I get no rattles!

Top half is covered in dynamat and the underside is covered with stp bomb which is 4 mm thick and makes dynamat look crap!

Dynamat is dead to me compared to the new stp stuff northfield have brought in!

Hmm side firing sounds like a plan, but wont it create a standing wave? Also i have to run my subs in series parallel, would the additional cabling cause a noticible voltage/volume drop?

in all honestly, the bass vents through the old holds in the parcel shelf, its tight and sealed. If your free one weekend your more than welcome to organise a time to come and have a listen...

side firing is the way to go to be honest, plus, it comes down to box side and what your trying to go for. See im an sq audiophile (note all my work bar a **** load of sound deadening was done by northfield) but the big thing comes down to final tuning as well.

Im about to upgrade processors from the pxa100 to the h800 which will correct a few things.

ARC on here knows his stuff about sound as he used to work in the audio install industry, but in my opinion and NO PLUG to these guys eihter, ring drew at northfield and speak to him, those guys know their stuff.

Tweeter location in the aurion stock is steller for a 2 way set up, i cant really fault mine at all, only thing i have to fix is a bit of fine tuning with centre chanel to the driver seat not direct centre. it was the only thing that let me down at the last measq comp.

If you got any questions just pm me :)

on a side note, was involved in a minor front on acco yesterday THANK GOD my vip grill hasnt been ordered yet, but i need a new bonnet, and front bar.. god damn hayfever, had a sneezing fit whilst in bumper to bumper traffic. between that and the hail dammage plus work cancelling my contract ending next month its been a **** week. but hey lol.

cheers

Dan

sooooooo... not real impressed right now. the 6x9 mb quartz components i had installed in my doors are rattling and buzzing and distorting like nothing else! the front right has been doing this on and off for a few days, even with the volume down very low it stands out. i would adjust the fade so only the good speaker was playing, but this meant losing the rear speaker on that side too, not ideal. the thing i could not work out was after a few days it seemed to go back to normal. then yesterday the drivers side speaker began to rattle ever so slightly. really not impressed! i forked out to have some decent speakers and these have not stood up to the challenge. i don't play my system very loud at all, never going past 10 an usually driving along at level 8 or 9. the rattle/buzz/distortion seems to have just started from nowhere. i was thinking that maybe the mounts are causing the trouble... any thoughts??? i had the speakers professionally installed, so there should be no problem with the installation. i am going to take it back tomoz when i finish work and see if they can work it out... otherwise i'll be in need of a new set of components for the front. any suggestions?