Driver seat heating problem

I have a 2003 Toyota Corolla Ascent hatch. Since 2 days ago, I have started to notice that my driver's seat is heating up shortly after starting the car as if there is a heater below it, and heating my bum. The heat is quite strong to the point, I can feel my legs getting tingling sensations and numbing - I feel uncomfortable driving. The heating phenomenon lasts throughout the whole period of driving time.

The temperature gauge looks normal.

I am not sure what's wrong. Is there a problem with the catalytic converter? Is something burning or overheating somewhere in the car?

I can smell a strange fuel-like smell when I stop the engine and leave the vehicle.

Appreciate any advice.

Thanks!

first things first, before you panic... Is the A/C on hot and do you have it directed to your feet. There is an outlet at the base on the B-pillar this could be the issue...

Edited by Blue_Stivo

Nope, I didn't turn my car heater on at all. And I didn't turn on my A/C. The car is an automatic transmission, by the way.

The heating thing just started 2 days ago. It's always been fine. The other passenger seats are fine too, I just suddenly get this "bum heater" from nowhere all of a sudden.

Edited by ichankl

Ascents dont have seat airbags.

I would get this checked TOMMROW, as there could be fuel dumping into your exhaust (oxygen sensor?) and could be making it run much hotter. This will stuff your cat and mabye exhaust.

If you feel warm and you can smell fuel........heat AND fuel just don't mix....... I'd drive it straight to the workshop dude.