toyota dealer at gleb is bad

Shadow_

I know all of you disagree and once someone popular disagrees it's like a chain reaction. The bottom line is if it's under warranty it should be replaced with little questions asked.

Pull your head in champ, I'll make my own damn opinions and assumptions. Just because someone else says something I am not going to follow it. I am in the industry and have had MANY people try and blame dealerships and workshops when they are in fact the one that has done the damage. The fact that it was 12 months on makes it suspicious as hell, I know if something breaks under warranty I take it back right away.

Have a nice day. :angry:

• Like 1

Jeez I tell you what ..This story had a different ending to what I expected.....I have to agree with the majority and say I reckon you are lucky to get it replaced.While you were putting in the big days I reckon one of your kids could have jumped on it ; or just leaning across it could crack the plastic.Any number of things could have happened in the 12 months...You are lucky... and I congratulate the Toyota dealer for honouring the warranty claim.....onya TOYOTA

And I completely agree with TRENTMEYER....Its a free world and each has there own opinion.. and in Australia we are allowed to express it.

I think you guys have been way to hard on this guy!! even if he did break it so what! that just means it's is poor build quality and should be replaced ASAP!! I have stored all kind of stuff ranging from 1 to 5 KG in the cup holder on the way home from Bunnings and it's never split, cracked or shown any signs of wear.

Everyone has stated the obvious. Which i pretty much agree to....

Because your car is still within the Toyota Warranty Period, you will need to contact the Toyota dealer, directly via telephone on 1800 869 682 to make a booking they'll order the parts in and replace for free.

You've gotta be f@%#ing kidding me?

The bottom line is if it's under warranty it should be replaced with little questions asked.

Bollocks. I have a few dents in my rear quarter panel. Better go get them fixed under warranty, because its definately more likely that they were there from factory than having been caused sometime during the last few years. And even if they were'nt there from new, they should fix it anyway coz the metal is too thin to resist dents when careless people push their trolley's into it.

• Like 1

I'm with DJKOR on this one, and having worked in the retail industry before, it's not uncommon for companies to just comply with the customer because they can't be bothered dealing with the hassle.

Claim-wise, that's up for debate because if you look at it from Toyota's view, they've got a customer coming up to them 12 months after purchase claiming of a cracked cup holder; there has to be some suspicion there. I'm not doubting OP's claim, but from Toyota's point of view, I don't think they've done anything wrong.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I sensed a hint of arrogance in OP's post and I wouldn't be surprised if he approached Toyota the same way. I'm not following the lead sheep or anything, just that from a business point of view, Toyota really hasn't done anything wrong.

DO NOT understand why Toyota would replace this for free. it is not their fault it was broken and would not of being broken in the factory.. Made of cheap materials or not if you break it it’s your fault. If i be a d!ck head and drive around in first gear all day every day and its breaks is that Toyota’s fault as well? NO it is NOT!! We see this sort of crap almost daily people trying to fog this sort of crap on the manufacturer and its dealer! it is way more likely Toyota is being Toyota and replacing this in good faith as a gesture of going the extra mile to keep a customer happy so it doesn’t get splashed all over forums such as this that they are hopeless and the Gleb dealer is useless and not touch them. I'd suggest you’re more than very lucky to of got that replaced.