Ring times - GT4

evo

Ello..

Following from a discussion involving a 1zz vs maz3 stock, i figured what better way to virtually compare times than by taking them out onto the ring.

so my challenge to this forum (dont' have access to forums outside toca) is:

Arcade mode -

Track: the ring

Assistance: none (TCS and ASM off)

Tyres: Sports-Medium

Car: stock

here's a time i posted:

Rolla RunX: 8:55.008 (4 laps of trying)

Mazda 323 SP20 (or something like that): 8:51 (+15% power tune)

i'd try to keep this to normal everyday cars rather than supercars and race cars as this is more towards the cars u forum user own.

minor things to point out:

- the rolla time could have been 2.1sec faster as i fluffed a 4th gear corner and got sandtrapped.

- the mazda time was the 1st lap time as i fell asleep 3/4 through the 2nd lap.

- i'm using a ds2. and i'm pretty sure i'm not the fastest person around here either.

In Summary:

best lap for cars of this forum plus what you think are genuine competitors (focus st170, etc etc)

note: if there is an existng thread, please revive it by pasting it there, thanks!

I decided that the 'ring was too long... I'm half way through benchmarking a few models at Le Mans though... will take a screen shot when I'm done (some interesting results too)

I have used the Le Mans without the chicane too and found that the diffences in top speeds is negligable as some with higher top speeds are actually slower in other sections so it's all balancing out...

i haven't really driven on the le-mans track yet. my interests are currently set on learning the ring.

my problem with le-mans in a stock ~200hp car are the staights. you can only do so much by improving your entry speed or decrease your braking distance cos the straights IMO would give the biggest decrease in lap time overall.

with the ring, i've come to realise that torque would play a key role as theres quite a few dips and climbs. my personal opinion is that the corolla hasn't quite got the right gearing for the ring as sometimes i find myself out of 'lift'. maybe that's cos i'm still learning haha.

Toyota RunX - 8:49

Mazda 6 - 8:49

Honda CRX - 8:49

Honda Integra DC5 - 8:19

Ford Focus ST170 - 8:41

Hyundai Tiburon - 8:41

Im not very good at Nurburg, but im consistant. I think Tskuba is a better track for normal production cars.

Conditions for these times are 5 laps only, arcade mode, no driver aids, medium sport tyres and times can only fluctuate 0.1s or else its a fluke lap.

Ford Focus ST170 - 1:11.050

Honda CRX - 1:10.747

Honda DC5 Integra - 1:07.755

Hyundai Tiburon - 1:10.743

Mitsu FTO GP Version R - 1:09.833

Nissan R32 GTS-t - 1:07.520

Renault Sport Clio 2.0 - 1:11.207

Toyota RunX - 1:11.106

I have times for heaps more cars, but these give a good mix of cars to compare.

i'm a bit surprised the clio would do a 1:11 considering it feels more balanced in corners and under braking than the runx, and with the hairpins, the torque should also help

That was for the not so good 2.0 version, I got the V6 phase 2 clio around in 1'04.911. Thats the one with good handling ;)

But the RunX in the game feels as though it has no front grip at all and just washes out, but has good speed down the back straight.

yea the non-v6 clio... at the ring it was 15sec faster than the runx.. i was surprised. it's high speed cornering was more stable even if it had a shorter wheelbase. probably more mid-corner understeer as well.. The rear of the runx likes to come out under hard/trail braking and lift off.

of course this is all in game and due to the nature of the 2.0 it has naturally more torque and most likely a sportier suspension setup.

will try tsukuba tonight :)

ps. what do you mean by 'washes out'?

runx@tsukuba: 1:10.2

that was the best lap i could get. i reckon it could've been bordering on 1:10 flat as i took it easy into the turn with the big tyre thing. That lap time was on lap 14.. the first 5 laps the lowest i got was 10.8.

my observation was that it was really bludy hard to not light up the front tyres on exit.

Edited by evo