Traction in the Wet

Mintos

Michelin Pilot Preceda's 17"

Koni lowered suspension

TRD LSD

Straight line traction

Wet: Crap.... still spin with no effort

Dry: Chirp when launching. after that fine unless I hit lift on an uneven crappy road.

Corning traction (this is where the LSD and suspension makes the difference)

Wet: Not great but better than stock.

Dry: AWESOME! No loss of traction, even under full throttle. Understeers far less

than without LSD. I have had HSV's almost run off the road trying to keep up with me. Can put power down far earlier than standard and it just grips and shoots.

Edited by Gipper

The TRD LSD has always been my most wanted mod. Can I ask how much you paid?

BTW, I only lose traction in the dry on bumpy roads, in the wet pretty much any time I exceed 6K rpm (i.e. Lift). I still have the stock wheels and tyres with plenty of tread (25,000km), lowered on Eibach pro kit springs and running -0.75 degrees front camber.

anyhow. i noticed ur're a long poster!

Yep, the more info people type, the less assumptions everyone has to make in order to precisely understand what they are saying.

And the faster we all learn!

Getting some good info here guys. The general consensus seems to be that corollas have no skills in the wet, stivo or standard - boo hoo i say, but somewhat unlucky for those in the UK (CONSTANT rain)...

Well i suppose that is natures way of making us slown down so we dont aquaplane into a tree/oncoming vehicle/slow, elderly pedestrian!

But yeah, trying to race anyone in the wet would be most uncool, i am not keen even if some Getz wanted their go - just cant get the power down anymore, even in a straight line, have to shift at like 2k rpm until 3rd, by which time the 40kw contendor has smoked you! If i touch the accelerator around a corner say hello to Mr understeer (both the front wheels just light up) and hello to Mr insurance broker after i plough into the curb!

anyhow. i noticed ur're a long poster!

But yeah, trying to race anyone in the wet would be most uncool, i am not keen even if some Getz wanted their go -

Only time i tried to race in the wet was against an Astra Turbo <_< and you all know what happened.. Astra Turbo: 1, Stivo: 0