6X9 speakers do not fit in the rear.

Silver-Aurion

So here are my box of goodies(don't worry about the printer, I'm not putting that in the car :lol:)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/DSCN4159.jpg

So tonight I did all the wiring and stuff and when it came to installing the rear 6X9, not only are the screw holes completely different from stock they are too big(well the bottom magnet is) and you can't close the boot because those bars going across the boot hit the speakers.

I thought of so many ways to go around this by getting 20MM of MDF and making the mounting thingo. But then I'm thinking how the hell is the parcel shelf going to sit back in with the speakers sticking out like that?

I'm totally stumped. So I would LOVE to see pics and how you did yours. You must tell us your secret. I just went over in my head sooooo many different ways to put them in I can't decide what to do.

Also, where is the best place to put this deck or can I get those things you put around to cover the gaping spaces?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/IMG_0360.jpg

Please note that the whole setup is only 50% completely. All wiring is done. Only thing left is the cover the CD deck and throw in my 6X9's.

And for anyone wondering. The system pumps crazy good!

And IMO for anyone thinking this is easy. It's not. IMO it's very time consuming taking few hours to do. ESP when you are learning about your car as you go.:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/IMG_0359-1.jpg

Also can I just say, DJKOR. Your wiring guide in the FAQ for the stock CD player made a world of difference. Huge thanks for that.

So here are my box of goodies(don't worry about the printer, I'm not putting that in the car :lol:)

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/DSCN4159.jpg

So tonight I did all the wiring and stuff and when it came to installing the rear 6X9, not only are the screw holes completely different from stock they are too big(well the bottom magnet is) and you can't close the boot because those bars going across the boot hit the speakers.

I thought of so many ways to go around this by getting 20MM of MDF and making the mounting thingo. But then I'm thinking how the hell is the parcel shelf going to sit back in with the speakers sticking out like that?

I'm totally stumped. So I would LOVE to see pics and how you did yours. You must tell us your secret. I just went over in my head sooooo many different ways to put them in I can't decide what to do.

Also, where is the best place to put this deck or can I get those things you put around to cover the gaping spaces?

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/IMG_0360.jpg

Please note that the whole setup is only 50% completely. All wiring is done. Only thing left is the cover the CD deck and throw in my 6X9's.

And for anyone wondering. The system pumps crazy good!

And IMO for anyone thinking this is easy. It's not. IMO it's very time consuming taking few hours to do. ESP when you are learning about your car as you go.:

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk63/zomgunique/Car/IMG_0359-1.jpg

Also can I just say, DJKOR. Your wiring guide in the FAQ for the stock CD player made a world of difference. Huge thanks for that.

The rear parcel shelf has always had an issue with speaker depth fitment due to the boot springs. Whilst you can get away with a small spacer under the factory trim, you mostly need to select your speaker around what's available. The thread "ZR6 Speaker Upgrade" mentioned in the FAQ has quite a bit of information here.

The surround for your headunit can be sourced through car audio shops. Most professional ones will have an idea as to where you can obtain one, otherwise you can search ebay for "Camry stereo fascia" or other like wording, they're around $40 or so not including postage. Local options might work out cheaper.

Modding the Aurion unfortunately requires much careful planning in advance. I hope you are able to make use of those speakers in the end.

my installer cut the plastic speaker covers in the rear parcel shelf and recarpeted the back... i'll post some photos soon... looks great and you'd never know it is not a factory spec...

you can go to toyota and buy a fascia, only $30 and has the contours just like the factory unit... then you'll need some spacers for the gaps on the sides of the new unit. they are $20 or so from any car audio chain

you should choose the speakers very carefully before you doing it. I have measure the size, looking the spec of lots of 6x9 and finally pick the rockford P series 4 way 6 x9. It just fit and sounds great. Brought off ebay from a store in VIC. Cost about $120 includes post.

• 2 weeks later...

I dont even run speakers in the back. But spacers are the way to go, id also suggest packing some dacron in under the trim too to stop any kind of rattles... but also sound deaden too!

• 4 weeks later...

A work colleague of mine has been helping me sound proof my aurion as he has just finished his Camry, about 2 months ago he got 4 critical mass 6x9 speakers installed in his car with no issues...

After a small amount of research I've found that the rs69 series by critical mass is a slimline series of 6x9 speakers of high power (and to a high degree cost) speakers designed for the US Camry, the virtual equivalent of the aurion.