Front bumper bar 1999 Levin Seca AE112R

Hello everyone, I'm looking for somewhere that can sell me a replacement front bumper bar for my 6/1999 Corolla Levin Seca AE112R. When I bought the car and first drove it into my driveway, the front bumper bar cracked quite severely. I haven't had it replaced as my landlord won't fix my dodgy driveway. However, I'm having constant issues with insurance companies because of the damaged bumper bar.

Can anyone tell me the measurements of their Levin Seca's front bumper bar i.e. how far away it is from the ground? I want to compare it to mine, and see if the bumper bar on my car is a standard edition or whether the previous owner ordered a lower one. If the standard front bumper bar for these cars is unusually low, then I don't see the point in buying a new one if it's going to crack again. When I went to a wreckers, they told me that they weren't sure whether a replacement would be of the same height, or a slightly higher one.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help! I live in the Northern Rivers area. I could drive to Brisbane to buy a replacement bumper bar, or possibly Canberra where I might visit soon.

corolla.lover

Hello everyone, I'm looking for somewhere that can sell me a replacement front bumper bar for my 6/1999 Corolla Levin Seca AE112R. When I bought the car and first drove it into my driveway, the front bumper bar cracked quite severely. I haven't had it replaced as my landlord won't fix my dodgy driveway. However, I'm having constant issues with insurance companies because of the damaged bumper bar.

Can anyone tell me the measurements of their Levin Seca's front bumper bar i.e. how far away it is from the ground? I want to compare it to mine, and see if the bumper bar on my car is a standard edition or whether the previous owner ordered a lower one. If the standard front bumper bar for these cars is unusually low, then I don't see the point in buying a new one if it's going to crack again. When I went to a wreckers, they told me that they weren't sure whether a replacement would be of the same height, or a slightly higher one.

Thank you in advance for anyone that can help! I live in the Northern Rivers area. I could drive to Brisbane to buy a replacement bumper bar, or possibly Canberra where I might visit soon.

corolla.lover

If your car is built in June 1999 and you say you have issues with insurance then I can only assume your model will be this one, the bug eyed.

TOYO0112.jpg

The front bar on these are 2 piece. You have a top bumper and bottom/lower spoiler piece. 3 piece if you include the bumper grille. It's all held together by screws obviously. So all you need to do is replace the lower spoiler piece to look like this, the CSX model.

TOYO0105.jpgTOYO0104.jpg

This is the standard piece and has more clearance than the Levin lower spoiler.

If your driveway is sloped or the gutter is high then perhaps putting large plank of wood in the gutter and bit of angle entrance/exit practice would get you into your drive way easier.

She has a Levin though - fairly sure the Levin was only released after the facelift, the bugeye pre-facelifts were CSX and Conquest hatch-only (and were actually sold alongside the out-going AE101/102 for a short period of time).

1999 was when the first Levin Seca was released as bug eyed version with fog light and colour coded fibreglass front lower spoiler.

My cousin had this 1999 Levin Seca bug eyed until the Sportivo Turbo was released.

I'm quite sure around October/November 1999 - 2001 AE112R twin globe version released revised edition of the Levin Seca. This had different clear driving/fog light design and 2 piece plastic lip ;)

Hi guys, thanks for your help so far! I think my car is the bug-eyed version. I will post a photo of it in a few weeks - I just need to find someone that has a digital camera. From my non-existent knowledge, the bumper bar appears to be in two sections. I'm probably going to visit Canberra soon, so I will try and find a bumper bar from the wreckers there (I couldn't locate one here or Brisbane when I tried recently). Failing that, I will have to buy a new one, and hope that it's slightly higher than my current one. I'm going to be pleading with my landlord to do something about the dodgy driveway. It's one of the stupidest driveways ever - it's in about four different levels - and needs concrete to level it out, but the idea of the planks is a great one.

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi guys, thanks for your help so far! I think my car is the bug-eyed version. I will post a photo of it in a few weeks - I just need to find someone that has a digital camera. From my non-existent knowledge, the bumper bar appears to be in two sections. I'm probably going to visit Canberra soon, so I will try and find a bumper bar from the wreckers there (I couldn't locate one here or Brisbane when I tried recently). Failing that, I will have to buy a new one, and hope that it's slightly higher than my current one. I'm going to be pleading with my landlord to do something about the dodgy driveway. It's one of the stupidest driveways ever - it's in about four different levels - and needs concrete to level it out, but the idea of the planks is a great one.

Thanks,

Natalie

So does it look like any of the above photos provided by one of us people? huh.gif