Strange Feeling in the Steering Wheel when turning Left

Grande Shoeb

Car: 2011 Toyota Kluger Grande

Hello, this is my first post to TOC.

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing a strange feeling in the Steering Wheel when turning Left. It feels like something is not aligning properly.

When turning right it’s smooth and does not feel the same way.

Hi, picked up my 2011 Grande on Friday and took it for it's first longer drive today and noticed something also - felt kind of like a "clicking" or something like that and only when turning left. Figured I'd get it checked out at the 1000km "checkup" service - would also be interested to hear if anyone else has experienced it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem though the clicking noise is very subtle, mainly when i turn left. I will let them know with my next service. This seams to be a common problem with Klugers based on what i have read on this site...

I have the same problem though the clicking noise is very subtle, mainly when i turn left. I will let them know with my next service. This seams to be a common problem with Klugers based on what i have read on this site...

You will end up with a new part on your steering column, I had this done recently

You will end up with a new part on your steering column, I had this done recently

Can you please tell what have they replaced in the car?

My car is one month old have this problem. fells as if something is holding or trying to push the steering back, Very annoying while turning left.

• 2 weeks later...

For my 1000km/1 month service had this checked out and sure enough it is now booked in to have the Intermediate Steering shaft replaced, dealer said he'd seen a couple like it so suspects they will change something in future production.