More Camcon results

JCTurbo

The results get may not be that dramatic though as the standard ECU has a better tune here in Aus. One question though, why raise the lift point to 6500 RPM, just made the Torque hole greater from what I can tell, and lift more dramatic, would he a horror to drive IMHO...

In my experience, the chip makes 10% of the difference, the tuner is 90%

A good tuner will make better and smoother power from a unichip than an average tuner will with a top of the range Motec (I have used both unichip and motec).

IMHO I wouldnt go for anything more than a piggy back chip unless you plan on doing some major internal engine mods. To think that you local guy can tune a full replacement chip for things like cold start, air con, limp mode better than toyota engineers with millions of dollars of resources and time is a bit naive.

Piggy backs like the unichip let toyota do all the work and then only change the mapping when you put your foot down.

Is the powerFC a piggy back or a full ECu replacement?

Power FC is sold for speficic car though, so its functions are set, unlike Motec. All the tuner has to do is fine tune it to match the car's spec based on what has been done to the car.

However, i gotta agree that perhaps Power Fc being a stand alone is far worth getting after some internal mod, at least a set of cams. Unfortunately there isn't cams available, but hi compression piston is available.

Non of the parties you mentioned.....

They arent available yet but here's a preview ;) ;)

XXXXX Racing is proud to offer these XXXXX performance camshafts for the Toyota 2ZZ motor. In testing these cams have produced over 14 wheel horsepower and 10 pound feet of torque. Highly suited for the track and street, these cams will enhance your car while maintaining good drivability. Idle will be a little rougher than stock.

Oh and the talk of the town is they aint gonna be cheap either.....