Permanon, long lasting paint protection

TRD468

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys today i spent 4 hours FULLY DETAILING my Aurion. I took the wheels off, cleaned the inside of the rims and spray permanon on them so brake dust won't stick to them. I cleaned the wheel wells and sprayed permanon there as well, along with my calipers and springs etc. I clay bared the paint work and applied permanon over the entire body and i also did the interior plastics. So how did it go?

To me the car has a nice glassy shine and a nice smooth feel just like a waxed car, if any water gets onto it, it beads and runs off quickly and smoothly. The end product is excellent, now all we have to do is wait and find out if this stuff will last for the 6months :spiteful: I am fairly confident as i sprayed some on my windscreen about a month ago and with continuous use of the wipers during that period, water beaded and runs off perfectly. :toast:

• 4 weeks later...

Washed the car today, and the permanon is still active, washing the inner part of the wheels was effortless. All the dirt on the car just comes off so easily, and the surface is still shinny and smooth. So far 1 month into it and all is good :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

i will report each time i wash the car, as with a wax, everytime you wash your car it is washed away. Today i gave it a quick wash, and still perfectly smooth and water beads and runs off. All is good. I have realized that the car is so much easier to clean and it stays clean for longer. This is great stuff :D

i will report each time i wash the car, as with a wax, everytime you wash your car it is washed away. Today i gave it a quick wash, and still perfectly smooth and water beads and runs off. All is good. I have realized that the car is so much easier to clean and it stays clean for longer. This is great stuff :D

I'm going to have to take a step back here....."as with a wax, everytime you wash your car it is washed away." - not really if you use a ph Netural shampoo and good quality wax.

Yes I admit, wax will probably wash off faster than a sealant type product, but you can help the wax along with a good quality shampoo and some "aqua wax" style products :)

• 3 weeks later...

im just wondering... with the rims will this be good to use on them? i hate the look on brake dust on mine, is it really just a jet spray and its clean everytime???

im just wondering... with the rims will this be good to use on them? i hate the look on brake dust on mine, is it really just a jet spray and its clean everytime???

Yep. Don't spray it on your rotors and pads though. Take off each wheel wash the crap of it and dry it. Pour permanon in a 100ml bottle undiluted. Greg from Permanon AUS said this is the best method for application. Spray the permanon directly on the wheel or painted surfaces. Use a microfiber cloth to wipe the permanon polymers around on the surface. Do it in the shade.

If you have to use water use distilled water. $2.50 - $3 for a 4 litre bottle. Use 20% mix with either 500ml distilled water or 1litre distilled water. Remember, the more concentrated it is the better shine your gonna get and the longer it will last (i.e. 1st method 100ml concentrate). Spray the mixture per panel and wipe with MF cloth.

The label on the bottle states to rinse off after application then air dry/wipe dry. Do NOT hose off with water after you spray the mixture. Just wipe the polymers around on the surface and dry off with another MF cloth.

Yep thats perfect ^ using this stuff on the rims and behind the rims and all up in the wheel wells was the best thing that i could of done, it makes cleaning the wheels a breeze. I even sprayed some on my bmw and omg the brake dust flies off !! :toast: However i am starting to see some swirls coming through, so i think im going to do a cut and buff/polish the next time i wash my car..... The permananon did well sealing my paint up untill now, but i want to get rid of those swirls... so bring out the orbital polisher :P

yes very true, the longest i have ever had wax made my car bead before was like 2 weeks.... and that was with meguiars (the best stuff out) but permanon is perfect for long lasting paint protection.

yes very true, the longest i have ever had wax made my car bead before was like 2 weeks.... and that was with meguiars (the best stuff out) but permanon is perfect for long lasting paint protection.

No it's not. Not by a country mile.

No wonder why you think this permanon is the Holy Trinity.

WOW, how did I miss that. as veteran cleaning guru's, drew and I both know its not "THE BEST STUFF OUT". Yes, it is quite good......for the price, but dodo juice products open there cans, point and laugh at megs products.

As drew said, if you think this product is awesome after using megs.....i'm not surprised.

In fact, I challenge you apply 2 layers of dodo juice soft wax to your car and then tell me its doesn't bring out the speckle or "POP" in your paintwork.

My door is open, will you walk thru it? ;)

Car (gf's Honda) has been driven in the rain with all the gunk being sprayed on the car by other cars and trucks on the fwy. Car hasn't been washed all week and today still looks clean and shiny.

Wiped off bird and bug boo off the car with couple of wet tissues. The big dried up bird sh*t on the bonnet only took one swipe to take off and another to remove the tiny specks.

The bird sh*t on the windscreen came off without leaving smears like it did when RainX was on it a year ago.

Water beads off quickly and easily off the panels and windscreen in the rain on the fwy without wipers going on at 0.5sec intervals like everyone else slowing down to 80kms. I just kept on driving at 100kms no wipers on as my windscreen was clear. Just watched the water bead off like it would when RainX was used last year.

Fyi - Permanon has been around for decades for commercial use in aviation and marine. It's not a new product. The only "new" thing about it is that it's now available to the retail market.

But yeh I guess airliners and mariners prefer permanon over meguiars and dodo juice for some reason.

You would be surprised that car dealerships do use this product when offering customers "paint protection".

The fact it takes me less time to apply on a car than taking a nice relaxing dump, it's superb water beading properties and keeps the car clean and shiny... Keeps a massive smile on my face 😁

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree with you Domo. Interesting thing happened the other day!! :blink: I washed my car, but i realised that it has got quite a few swirls starting to come through so i went ahead and rotary buffed it to remove them. Whilst applying the swirl remover (meguiars) the machine really gripped to the paint work, i had to lubricate it with some quick wax..... and when i removed the wax and touch the surface, it makes are squeeky sound. Rubbing your hand against the surface required alot of energy and was very restrictive, but it was smooth. I then applied a meguiars carnauba wax and the finish is AMAZING, sooo reflective and extremely smooth and the squeaking had ceased. Applying wax over permanon is very interesting, and was very hard work.... it felt like rubbing 2 strong magnets against each other. I think what has happened was the permanon was attracting the wax to the surface. So it's interesting..... anyway now i have no swirls and the car is shinny and smooth.

Oh yes by the way, i did not clay my car because i didnt need to (been like 5 months since it hasn't been clayed) because permanon hasn't allowed any contaminants to bond to my surface... so this stuff is a life saver :D

The squeak test is commonly used to check if you have a wax layer remaining. You have probably stripped any remaining particles that were left of Permanon when using the swirl remover and the buffer.

permanon is just a sealant which keeps contaminants off the surface and makes it shinny. Swirl marks are light scratches in your clear coat, only way to remove that is by cutting the surface back with a rotary and some swirl remover.