Trickeys 04 Sportivo

Trickey

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SRI = short ram intake = more torque down low but top end is minimal or nothing at all compared to stock box. you will have to build an enclosure on it too since its illegal to have it fully opened. zippy around town, crap for track

CAI = cold air intake = less torque and very sluggush down low, but mid to high revs make up for it especially in lift. no need to build an enclosure because its all covered down there. drivability in city is crap but on ramps and track its heaven.

pod is the filter on the pipes itself. crappy pod = crappy flow = crappy performance. try a 3A racing pod from nunawading. if u wanna go high end spec go ITG from england.

RPM is controlled by the ECU and will never change unless you go aftermarket ECU to change the REV limit. FYI, our stivos stock ecu allows our engines to rev to 8.2k.

SRI = short ram intake = more torque down low but top end is minimal or nothing at all compared to stock box. you will have to build an enclosure on it too since its illegal to have it fully opened. zippy around town, crap for track

CAI = cold air intake = less torque and very sluggush down low, but mid to high revs make up for it especially in lift. no need to build an enclosure because its all covered down there. drivability in city is crap but on ramps and track its heaven.

pod is the filter on the pipes itself. crappy pod = crappy flow = crappy performance. try a 3A racing pod from nunawading. if u wanna go high end spec go ITG from england.

RPM is controlled by the ECU and will never change unless you go aftermarket ECU to change the REV limit. FYI, our stivos stock ecu allows our engines to rev to 8.2k.

Okay so seeing as i wont be hitting the track anytime soon i'm actually happy i got the SRI. But at the same time really sad because CAI is better for lift :( Even though they both have their downfalls i think i've came in luck, thanks for the clarification!

• 1 month later...

So i decided to buy myself a touch screen head unit. Pretty cheap in my books, only cost $225 off ebay and free shipping! :clap: Also those pictues ^ Bought some rear springs but i'm still saving for coilovers w00t. Pretty handy, Bluetooth,ipod,touch screen, wireless headset. Also took a few pictures of my car, since i havn't put many on here in awhile. Think i need to give it a wash tonight again! :g:

Also does anyone know where to get the ears on the side of the head unit? I can't seem to find any thing :(

post-27080-0-92664200-1336375784_thumb.j

post-27080-0-73549800-1336375955_thumb.j

post-27080-0-17736100-1336376573_thumb.j

only $225?? at jb something like that would be like 1000 :P ahhaha looks really clean too :D

and get the coilovers :D car needs moar low :whistling:

only $225?? at jb something like that would be like 1000 :P ahhaha looks really clean too :D

and get the coilovers :D car needs moar low :whistling:

Yeah mate, did my research well :D. Oh don't you worry the coilovers will be here soon! Just going to try out these springs for awhile and then sell them off again.

Haha, Havn't got them yet but i'd be most likely getting bc/br coilovers! Apperently the best recommended by most people who have coilovers, Can't wait to get them though :D

• 3 months later...

Got my Coilovers installed Yesterday at centreline suspension, the guy was great and really helpful and I would also recomend anyone getting coilovers installed to go there. Just pm me for their number. Although my car needs to be moar low, I'll be taking it back soon anywhoo. I also found out that my rear axle beam has been put out of place by 11mm. Dodgy farking pre owners, don't tell me anything. So it has obviously been in a knock from the rea, so that will need to be replaced :closedeyes:

Pics up sooon!

• 2 months later...

----- UPDATE -----

So I havn't posted on here in awhile and i was asked to upload some pictures but anywhoo i've also done some extra mods to my car. After awhile i got sick of having springs in my car so i decided to search around for the cheapest quote i could find when a friend of mine told me about a place called " Centerline Suspension" in Thomostown i called them up and Chris was actually really helpfull. The guy was telling me everything in detail's but just a little bit less dumbed down for me to understand. After spending 1700 for Bc Br coilovers and also some labour costs i wasn't to angry about it, untill they told me that i had to get my rear axle beam changed as it was out by roughly 90mm which in the end was due to who knows what reason. So i took it back to them and they installed it for me for free! and also lowered my car even more. " still needs moar low though"

Then after about 2 months of having the coilovers i decided to look around for a new set of wheels, I searched around and found a type of mesh wheel that was from America and seeing as our doller was just a little better it was also a little bit cheaper aswell! But i'm not sure if i like them yet or not seeing as it was hard to see what they will be like on my car by just an image on the internet. So idiot me, just went and decided to do it. Not only that i got myself 4 brand new tyes, 195/50/16 which oh my god are to much rubber i didn't even know it was going to look like that -___-. But the plus side to that means i didn't need to lower it even more and it was all done for me, and also a bit better ride for the mrs haha.

Here's some pics, just let me know what you think. Also seeing as i'm in the sign writting industry i can get free stickers! So i decided to get a.. More pics on the next page.

post-27080-0-45552200-1351397295_thumb.j

post-27080-0-45936000-1351397532_thumb.j

Haha I get what you mean when you say not sure if you like it or not..those wheels are giving me mixed feelings :P And $1700 on BC BR's? That's really expensive..

Haha I get what you mean when you say not sure if you like it or not..those wheels are giving me mixed feelings :P And $1700 on BC BR's? That's really expensive..

1300 for the coilovers, same as what you payed. Then 400 for labour. I had the money so i didn't really mind, and even if i want it lower than it is. I can take it back and they will do it for me free of charge :D

FARK FOUR HUNDRED FOR LABOUR?! where the hell did you go ?

+1. They quoted me $250 for labour at OTR Motorsports and I even said to hell with that... DIY and took a few hours.