HELP! 3rd gear crunching!!!!

hmmm ok ill have to take a look at all these options

As an update the car cold driving last night going home from work and this morning coming in to work was smooth sailing ..... no issues, clicks, grinds what so ever ...... very very very bizar ..... seems to have a mind of its own so no idea ..... due to this inconsistency you just can tell what going on.

What's linkages worth now days ? Same deal with me sometimes Notchy sometimes very smooth..

man to be honest i cant remember what i paid for them .... i bought them ages above and just never bothered to put them in until recently ..... i just looked at my CC statements online and the only transaction that seems to ring a bell at the time was for $145 but im not 100% sure that it was for these. If i find the receipt ill PM u.

Actually the celica box has the exact same ratio's as the stivo other than 6th. In fact you could say mine previously was almost identical to a celica prior to putting the jubu ge****t in. So i wouldnt think this would fix it for you .... but then again u just never know.

As an update .... it was notchy last night on the way home but perfectly fine this morning on the way to work .......

Regarding the other issue some WD40 seems to have fixed it.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh the only difference is the gear selector on the box ( x4 14mm to change) from memory, everything's 14 on this damn car haha, and 6th ratio, as I had the celica 6th gear in my old box you can say we pretty much had celica box's in our cars with the selector being the only difference, but this box I have now is just STD..

P.s I have a spare rolla selector assembly, their expensive !!

Yeh I wouldn't mind knowing the price of the cables.. May aswell throw a short shifter while at it haha