TRD AURION GAME OVER ENGINE FAIL

TRD-0015

No. The hose doesn't exactly follow a straight path. There is a slight bend in it, but it's not extra stress on the hose.

Why doesn't Toyota send out communications to owners regarding recalls??

They do. This wasn't what would be classified as a product recall. Even though the oil leak was happening quite a bit in the States, it wasn't happening like that over here and they chose to change the hose anyway for customer satisfaction.

TRD269, assuming you're the first owner, I think they usually do. Or perhaps its the service centres that are meant to contact the customer. I'm not sure. All I know is that even as the second owner of my car, the service manager at the dealer I bought it from called me up the day the recall was officially announced to tell me they'd received a notification that there was a recall.

There was a letter send out to customers; i could even find a copy of it if you like. the TRD one was sent out either that week or the week after i started the thread about the customer service exercise was going now be carried out on TRD as well as TRD's wheel ornament changes.

If you are the second owner of any used vehicle i suggest you go to your owner’s manual, fill out the change of owner slip and send it in. Toyota does not know who the second or third owners are. Dealers could I’m sure go through their data to find every vehicle both new and used they have sold that could be affected but a recall or CSE but in reality i think you would find there is very few that would have the time to actually do this. It would take serious man hours. Most dealerships Dealer management systems check the service history with Toyota to see what recalls and CSE's have being completed and what's outstanding on a vehicle. just another reason to service with a good reliable friendly Toyota service centre in your area.

The only thing Ive ever received from Toyota is pain, i would still buy another Toyota would love a 4l supercharged hilux.

I'm with you on this one.. Toyota Cardiff nsw are nothing but trouble with me. I once got my service report back. Said rotated wheels. ( I knew they hadn't as knew exactly what rim was where, I know the marks) I asked so everything was done on this report they instantly said yes. I said well I'm not paying as you have not rotated the wheels as you said you have. loosing faith that you may have just lied about the whole service. my trust is not there. They never mentioned any recalls as would mean they would have to do work. I would think long and hard before I buy anougth Toyota only as the support I have had is very poor. I guess it is just the Toyota near me.

You seem to be a customer that most places would want to get rid of based on attitude in the first place. However if you don't like the service somewhere, go elsewhere. There is no way possibly to keep every single customer happy, but your attitude depends a lot as to the level of help you will get. There are plenty of dealers out there that have great reputations and others that don't.

If your car is out of warranty take it to a trusted private mechanic, it will cost you less and they can still use genuine parts.

You seem to be a customer that most places would want to get rid of based on attitude in the first place. However if you don't like the service somewhere, go elsewhere. There is no way possibly to keep every single customer happy, but your attitude depends a lot as to the level of help you will get. There are plenty of dealers out there that have great reputations and others that don't.

If your car is out of warranty take it to a trusted private mechanic, it will cost you less and they can still use genuine parts.

Lol if a customers pays for something to get done it should be done not lied about. My car went back 6 times under warranty and got stuffed around majorly. 6 stacker Jammed so they replaced it with the entry level single cd player. Than my auto lights didn't work because they damaged the sensor. There has been a lot of things. I feel if there is lies on a service report how would I know what really got done. So because I don't want to ripped off by a shop. I have an attitude haha I stopped Toyota touching my car as soon as warranty was up. I would be happy if people did the job they were paid to do and because I bring the problem to light I'm a bad customer...when u pay 50k for a car u expect services

Just because you have money doesn't entitle you to be arrogant either.

You do not need to take your car to Toyota under warranty, so long as genuine parts are used, warranty remains.

Did you take it to more than one dealer?

Car has been to 2 Toyota dealers but not for opinion on noise warranty repairs. It doesn't matter now as I am out of warranty and will fix car on my own behalf.

Being Newcastle born-and-bred I know not to touch Cardiff Toyota with a 10-foot pole. Plenty of stories have gone around about bad dealings and dodgy salesmen, like refusing to hand back keys after a test-drive unless they put a deposit down etc etc.

It's not like you don't have a choice though, there are a good 4-5 Toyota dealerships in the greater Newcastle area, 2 of which are within 15 minutes of the CBD (Newcastle and Charlestown). My parents used Newcastle almost exclusively, good relationship with the service manager and excellent service (despite the Corolla actually being bought from Charlestown, the experience with the Camry was enough to keep them going there for both cars). I hear pretty good things about Maitland Toyota too, bit further out of the way though.

In the end though, using a bad experience with one dealer as an excuse to rag on an entire car company is a bit rich. There are good and bad places out there, and only experience will tell them apart. It's not Toyota Australia's direct fault that Cardiff are ****holes, and don't let that dissuade you from buying a new Toyota in the future (just obviously don't get it from Cardiff).

Understand and I was always saying Cardiff not toyota as a national front. I'm from further south and Cardiff is ext to my work. I have owned may toyotas and had great experiances but regret buying from Cardiff. The aurion is a great car. But just disappointed. Next car is looking to be vw or Audi.

Being Newcastle born-and-bred I know not to touch Cardiff Toyota with a 10-foot pole. Plenty of stories have gone around about bad dealings and dodgy salesmen, like refusing to hand back keys after a test-drive unless they put a deposit down etc etc.

It's not like you don't have a choice though, there are a good 4-5 Toyota dealerships in the greater Newcastle area, 2 of which are within 15 minutes of the CBD (Newcastle and Charlestown). My parents used Newcastle almost exclusively, good relationship with the service manager and excellent service .

Yeh mate I with you on this one Cardiff Toyota would sell their grandmother to make a sale :nono: .Although the Manager of Newcastle Toyota now manages Cardiff to try and turn it around,if you know of him you only have to look at what he done with the new Toyota showroom,service dept at Newy,Its a bloody credit to him.After having a bad dealing with Cardiff,(told them to shove their deal up their A*se) :whistling: .They promised us every thing and when we went to pick the car up 2 days later it was parked out the back with our name scrolled across the windscreen BUT NOT ONE THING on the contract was done to it.The wife was totally devistated so I went off my nut and told them what I thought of their lies and deceipt,mind you in hearing distance of other customers,to whom I appoligised to,but I was so proud I didnt swear once,and a few people approached me afterwards while walking out and they also were there for similar reasons RE; bad dealings and to this day have never gone back to the place.What they dont realise is that the sh*t they dished out that day to us has lost them over $80k with us taking our money to both Newcastle Toyota & Charlie Toyota-(by the way are owned by the same mob) in repeated buisiness. Purchased my Hilux from Charley Toyota and the Wifes Corolla and ZR6 Aurion from Newy Toyota.Both offer TOP service but my choice would be Newcastle any day of the week as Charlestown is starting to slip now service dept is under new management.

And TRD-0015 hold your head up proud son you,ve done nothing that any bloke with b*lls would do :toast: .You have handed over with you hard earned money and these low lifes have taken you for a fool. And as HIRO stated being a fellow NOVACASTRIAN you have a choice without travelling too far afield.

As I work on the Central Coast without mentioning the name those two dealers down that way who are owned by the same person they are also on par with Cardiff :g:

anyway thats my two bobs worth on the matter,

Cheers CONROD

Edited by CONROD