Tyre Question

Hi folks,

I am looking to upgrade my stock wheels on my sx6 from the standard 215/55/17 at 45 offset, to 245/40/19 at 35 offset on PDW HB-R wheels. Should I expect any tyre rubbing given the car isn't lowered at all, even at full lock?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts :)

the standard 215/55/17 at 45 offset, to 245/40/19 at 35 offset, the standard is a little hard to understand ! further explaining ^^ thanks :g:

the standard 215/55/17 at 45 offset, to 245/40/19 at 35 offset, the standard is a little hard to understand ! further explaining ^^ thanks :g:

Let me explain. I click "BAN MEMBER", and you no longer reply.

Thanks for that, now all I gotta do is figure out which tyre to go for :) Looking at the Kumho KU31 or the Dunlop Sport maxx

The KU31's get a good review but you'll have to specify regarding the Sport Maxx'es as they have a few members in the family (Sport Maxx, Sport Maxx TT and Sport Maxx GT).

The Sport Maxx doesn't get a good review but the Sport Maxx TT and GT do much better. The price difference between the TT/GT vs KU31 is quite large so keep that in mind.

Yeah I am leaning towards the KU31s :) Does anybody know a bob jane in sydney that does KU31s at 245/40/19 sub $300? I'm looking at 330+ a tyre down here in Canberra, seems exessive from what I have read.

Well the 245/40R19 may end up costing you more due to it being a less available size than the common 245/35R19 which is like what the TRD uses.

Even though the 35 profile tire will put your speedo out by about 1% more than the 40 profile tire, at least it puts it out in the direction which is more "safer" (speedo will show you going faster than you actually are).