Car Seat Covers

After buying my 2011 Aurion Touring back in March I went and bought a set of front Car Seat Covers from Supercheap for around $50.

The Car seat covers are of the ILANA brand and are from the "Deploy Safe" rage (Airbag Compatible)

Well, today, despite the crappy Melbourne weather, I parked under the car port and tried to fit them.

After over an hour of battling, cursing and contorting like some sort of performer from the Cirque Du Soleil, I managed to get one on.

The Aurion seat is not an easy seat to fit as the base of the backrest is very close to the seat and there is a cover on the back of the seat as well.

Part of the problem was the design of the car seat cover ties with two plastic D rings (on short strands) located where the back rest meets the seat and the longer strands are on end of the seat base.

Even in its highest position, the underbody of the seat is still quite close to the floor.

So, has anyone got any tips for my attempt to install the car seat cover to the passenger side?

Can the covers located on the back, base part of the seat be easily removed and put back again? ( I wasn't game enough to try this )

Thanks in advance.

Prom.

Best if you don't use seat covers unless they are genuine ones. The problem is that the airbags will deploy under the generic seat cover which wasn't designed for the Aurion seats and will do more harm than good.

I had this problem as well when i bought my Aurion so i ditched the seat covers.

Are the genuine ones easier to fit?
It should be an easy fit but they cost so much money that i didn't bother getting them.

Buff is correct! I saw the pricing when I was at the dealer to get the parts on my old Aurion (headlight protector, bonnet protector which I will buy again for the new one), the parts shop had the seat cover on display and I didn't like it. I even asked if it is water proof cos I do go to beach a lot during summer and they told me they are not!

I am referring to this: http://www.toyota.com.au/aurion/accessories?WT.ac=Toyota_GlobalNav_Cars_Aurion_Accessories#item-aurion_accessories-tab-2-seat_covers

Yeah, when I took my car in for its 15k service recently, I asked about the seat covers and got quoted around $195.

Ha ! for that price I can pretty much buy a new pair of front seat covers from Supercheap every 2 - 3 years for close to a decade.

I just bought some genuine Toyota seat covers for both front & back to suit our Aurion .... bought them off fleabay cheaper than what our local dealers wanted ... & they were delivered to my door !!!

I had considered some aftermarket seat covers 'Esteem' by Ilanas as I had bought them previously for my 100 Series UZJ100R and they were pretty good value for money and fitted quite well.

After recieving the genuine ones for the Aurion .... I was more than happy after inspecting them .... the quality & fit are simply AMAZING !!!

They aren't difficult to fit .... just a bit 'fiddly' with getting the velcro straps pushed between the seat squab & the plastic surround .... once you get that done its simply a matter smoothing out the wrinkles & aligning the cover stitching with the same stitch line on the seats :-)

The rears take longer as you have to remove the lower seat squab then unbolt the seat back to enable the cover to be fitted .... you can't do either in the vehicle, they need to be taken out and put on some work trestles or similar to enable fitting.

Took a good couple of hours plus to fit both fronts & rears .... but WOW they look pretty darn schmick :-)

Overall I'm glad I forked out the $350 for the genuine covers .... the aftermarket supplied ones just aren't anywhere near being in the same league when it come to the thickness of the actual material, the actual fit on the seats and how they look in the vehicle ! So for my 5c worth .... the genuine ones are GREAT value for money !!!

I'll upload some pics once we have some daylight :-)

That fit looks really tight which is awesome but IMO they need a restyle. Couldn't have made an uglier seat cover. But I guess that's the sacrifice you make for seat protection

That fit looks really tight which is awesome but IMO they need a restyle. Couldn't have made an uglier seat cover. But I guess that's the sacrifice you make for seat protection

Awwww geez .... and I thought they kinda looked 'okay' :-(

Not sure if the ol' conservetives @ TMC are really into 'style' that strays too far from the mainstream ???

Some pics of the genuine covers fitted:

post-29166-0-93287000-1341218506_thumb.j

post-29166-0-39215100-1341218481_thumb.j

post-29166-0-19562600-1341218604_thumb.j

post-29166-0-80345200-1341218647_thumb.j

If i had kids - rear seat covers maybe

BUT EWWW they are horrible looking pattern and colour.... prefer the black default my ATX comes with - if they ever get torn i will either replace fabric or just replace the entire front seat haha