Mods on stivo in Perth

Hey guys Im new to this forum and its good to have found an aussie forum where I can ask questions and get a proper answer. I'm looking at working my sportivo 2004 model. Are there any good places in perth that can help me out. I don't want to turbo or supercharge though. Also is there anywhere that sell TRD parts? Impossible to find localy and have had a look on the net but can't really find much either. If not TRD what are some good brands that wont stuff up on me. I want to get new brake discs that wont rust. Mine are rusted and they look crap so I want to also get some caliper covers.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Well over time theres a whole list of things I want to do. I want to change my speedo and gauges to white or a different colour, i need to get a new centre console cause one of the flaps have snapped off but I can get that from toyota, I want to change my brake discs to ones that wont rust and get better brake pads and get some caliper covers. I'm not sure If i need new calipers because they seem quite expensive. I'm gonna get a sound system put in so if anyone here can help out with that that would be great. Gonna get a custom made leather interior with TRD on the seats. Performance wise I was thinking extractors. I have a TRD cold air intake already installed from when I bought the car. Anything else that can Improve the performance. I also want to tidy up the engine bay. The damn panel beaters left scratches and actually took a massive chip and put a ding in my boot. Its on the inside of the door but very noticeable when you open the boot door and left the engine bay very untidy. The window wiper hose isnt secure its just floating around and the accelerator cable is sitting over the top of the enginer instead of underneath where it used to be and a whole bunch of wiring just looks untidy.

Also just wanted to clarify something, I know TRD is toyota racing development but was there a special TRD edition stivo released In Australia or anything of the sort or can I stick TRD badges on my car and not look like one of those tools that stick STi on a non STi wrx.

Cheers

Edited by feddy

Wow

As soon as I saw caliper covers and changing the leather inside the car I stopped reading.. Honestly..

You can't stop rotors rusting, their steel, as soon as it see's water it rusts in minutes, if you buy Dba slotted it will still do it, just get new pads..

Also don't change the leather your gonna give slortivos a bad rep :/

Do you have chrome wheels? Lol just a Q...

Get ces extractors and exhaust, stock cat is fine..

A sound system? Honestly sounds like you wanna be fully sick bro.. ? Lol

Thanks for the reply. I like the red on Kenshins Calipers so I might just spray them and I saw how he changed the brake discs so I was thinking of doing that too. They didn't look rusted at all. I'll take some pics of mine and post them up tomorrow. Lol ok that was just a thought but fair enough. If I was to change the leather it wouldnt be for a long while anyway. I've got the standard wheels it comes with so I don't think they're chrome. What's stock cat? Where can I buy the CES extractors and exhaust? Yeah nothing too crazy I'm not fully sick lol I just like to listen to music and my speakers atm aren't that good lol. Plus my cd player **** itself and wont load cds so i was looking at getting a new one.

Thanks for the reply. I like the red on Kenshins Calipers so I might just spray them and I saw how he changed the brake discs so I was thinking of doing that too. They didn't look rusted at all. I'll take some pics of mine and post them up tomorrow. Lol ok that was just a thought but fair enough. If I was to change the leather it wouldnt be for a long while anyway. I've got the standard wheels it comes with so I don't think they're chrome. What's stock cat? Where can I buy the CES extractors and exhaust? Yeah nothing too crazy I'm not fully sick lol I just like to listen to music and my speakers atm aren't that good lol. Plus my cd player **** itself and wont load cds so i was looking at getting a new one.

CES located in brisbane, http://www.cesracing.com.au/

Is there anyone In Perth that does it or would I have to order the parts from CES and get someone to Install it? I dont want it to drone, I'm quite content with the stock exhaust so can I just install the extractors and still get the performance boost that I want?

u can get a cat back made up 2.5'' and a muffler that doesnt drone. plenty out there. i have a varex. best of two worlds and for that system abit less than a CES exhaust. up to you but CES is a direct bolt on the car.

the painted calipers look good... after 6 months they get dirty lol.

yes the stock leather is sh#t. i will retrim mine sometime down the track. be prepared to fork out around 3k for it though. not worth it unless u plan on keeping the car for a long time.

sound system better get a pro to install it for u. they can neatly tidy up the cables and stuff.

Thanks Kenshin. What are some good brands other than CES if I can't get that in Perth? Ones that won't drone. Varex sounds expensive lol.

Not bagging you man, but this isn't entirely true. It needs to be fitted by an exhaust shop cos a flange needs to be welded on. Its also quite noisy IMO, but to each their own.

also, i'm also in perth, and there's a possibility that Mr Prozac is joining us.

up to you but CES is a direct bolt on the car.

• 7 years later...

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find a P plater driving a black stock Tivo with am rims. Prick was staking out my car in Madeley last night till I spotted him and he took off. Then I went looking for him and he recognized me and floored it. Appears to be of Asian decent.. I wasn't in my Tivo, otherwise I would of got him. 

Message for you c$&t. I dare you to come back! Any help will be appreciated