Need help with Aurion aftermarket head unit...too many options..very confused

• 1 month later...

ok.... so I got my unit, but bugger me trying to install it lol. I'm trying to get the original out, and videos suggest I need to take out a screw or two from underneath the aircon controls.... I can see two screws, but they are quite far back and in the corners... are those the ones? Also, do I need to unclip any extra facia other than the upright parts? Cheers :)

Hi neowolf,

did you manage to install it how it works are you satisfied with it?

Hi guys... New to this forum bought my aurion 3 months ago and was the best purchase ive made very happy. Anyway... These look great however do they have the full eq and audio tuning options? Ie can i add more bass in my subs etc instead of choosing pre selected option such as classic, rock etc?

ok.... so I got my unit, but bugger me trying to install it lol. I'm trying to get the original out, and videos suggest I need to take out a screw or two from underneath the aircon controls.... I can see two screws, but they are quite far back and in the corners... are those the ones? Also, do I need to unclip any extra facia other than the upright parts? Cheers :)

Hi neowolf,

did you manage to install it how it works are you satisfied with it?

Hi AS673... Yep, I got it installed, the two screws I was looking for were right under the unit, had to get my head down low, and look upwards (lol).... quite easy to put in/out once you know how. As for the unit itself, quite happy, for the price. It does what it is supposed to, not the most polished of user interfaces, and I'm still finding new features which aren't quite mentioned in the useless manual. The main quirk it has is it shows a 'disable video' screen whenever i have a USB/micro sd device, and all i wanna do is listen to music.... wish i could work out how to hack that out haha. Radio works great. Haven't tried the other functions yet.