Jed from Melbz Vic - Modifying AE95 4WD wagon

Hi all,

as the title suggests I've just joined and my interest is in the corolla AE95 4WD wagons...

Currently putting together a 7AGZE. with a fair bit of machining under way.. as well as various items already purchased..

Have done a fair bit of research on raising front suspension (rear is a lot easier)

Will be fitting a cusco rear lsd

Currently researching E-series gear boxes and front lsd's... thinking a 6-speed would be nice but more research to go...

any and all tips appreciated..

Thanks Jed

Hey man, welcome!!

Those wagons are a sweet car, ive seen one with a turbo on it and it made a nice woosh sound as it flew past me :P

Since seeing that one and Micks wagon ive got a soft spot for them now...

AFAIK, with a GZE the supercharger fouls on the diff locking mechanism so you cant lock the diff up.

Front suspension? Bazda coilovers. kgo.

Thanks guys.

Yeah I met Mick at all toyota winterfest and love what he's done with his ride..

Just needs to drop something more powerful under the hood and he's set. I was very impressed with how rigid his suspension is.. maybe a little too rigid..

I have 3 of these wagons.. one the same colour as Mick's, putting an old left over big port GZE into that.. not worried about the diff-lock as it will only see street use.

But for the wagon I'm working on currently, truth is I haven't figured that problem out yet. I've seen Kebin mock up some central locking actuators, but even he said he didn't think it would be reliable. I've seen other photo's where the sc has been mounted on the exhaust side. So I'll consider doing a mock up that way to see if I can make it work ...but there's probably something compact and powerful enough to do the job out there somewhere.. will cross that bridge soon enough.

Not sure about bazda's (MRP)coil overs as I'm going for some pretty serious suspension height. Using oversized wheels, different sized cog for speedo cable to reset speedo, RHS / SHS spacers for engine mounts and cross members, ae100 series cv shafts as they're longer and getting high tensile extensions machined up for the steering/tie rod gear.

So I'll need a coil over with a lot of travel. Thinking of using something more commonly found from 4wd suppliers

Spent much of the last 2 years researching / learning and buying parts and tools ..still very much a noob when it comes to cars but have years of welding fabrication, general engineering / maintenance experience.

My link to 7AFE strip down - virtual 'How-to'

https://picasaweb.go...687/7AFETO7AGZE

More photo's to add.. I'm a bit slow on computers (and in the garage..)

Edited by JedzWagn