New Camry enthusiast

Hi Guys, just wanted to get my first post up by introducing how I got to be a "Camry man". It all started 2 years ago when I was looking for a good 2nd hand car that had the mods and cons I wanted, like A/C, automatic, cruise control, Cd player, nice ride quality at higher mileage (this was very important to get an older car that still drove smooth and comfortable) and decided on the camry for the mid size and big car features of the day. I ended up with a Toyota Camry CSX 2002 2.2 ltr. At first glance cars paint work looked dodgy tho panel are well alligned and tidy. Then I drove it, well I was gob smacked, the car had 137k on the clock and from the moment i left the sellers drive I was flaburgasted at the smooth and quite ride from the old suspension and the perfect change of gears from the automatic. The 2.2 ltr doesnt do much to inspire, but it is instant start, warms up quick to normal temp, the cruise control was as acurate as a rolex watch even at highway speeds. It easily maintained 110 on hyway with cruise control on and was running out of road at 440km's at half tank still so economy was well beyond what I was used to.

What put a nasty blemish on the car (not cars fault) was when the weekend came after I purchased (for 6500) I wanted to give the car a good spring clean. I was disappointed to see sand in very high up spots, like on top of steering column high up, and then came to the realization this car has been flooded or something, sand doesent get this high up and pulling guards of confirmed the worse yep it had a bashing from mother nature. Would love to go around and flog the seller but decided against any vengence.

So it has put a bit of a cloud over the vehicle, however after a year I have alot of confidence that what ever its past, it will continue to function with out any hick ups as it has thus far.

Of course I read up this this car on forums and was very keen on reading about the v6 version, lots of beers later I started looking for a prestine v6 version of the same camry i had enjoyed for the last 18 months now and found one with 141k's on the clock which was now lower that my CSX and was not disappointed, the paintwork and finish was awsome, the interiour faultless, the engine is so responsive and a nice thrill to me.

So now I have a work car, the csx 4 pot that I can dodge the peak hour traffic in and a v6 cruiser for the weekend.

The Camry conquest V6 has the suspension manners of an Xd Falcon without power steering, so thats my first focus. Wa suspensions are my first choice. Will update on progress.