Discontinued parts :(

Got a problem today...

Found out I was missing four rubber O-ring gasket things that go in between the bolt and the nut that hold the rear bumper to my '03 Corolla. No sweat, I'll just go to my local Toyota dealer. Turned up to the dealer with the car, showed the sales rep the location of the part, also gave him a part number from ToyoDIY and I was told they don't make this part anymore and not available in Australia!

Came up as "N/A" on the system and my car isn't a dinosaur either... ZZE's went all the way up to 2006/07.

This is what I was talking about... http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_200404_TOYOTA_COROLLA_ZZE122R-AHPDKQ_5202.html?hl=9043005019

And it's location the current overseas model Toyota Auris... http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_G_200912_TOYOTA_AURIS_ZRE151R-DHFNPN_7601.2.html?hl=9043005019

Now using the cross references on that website, I was able to track down that the part is STILL being used on the overseas model Toyota Auris for the rear spoiler and also on the JDM Toyota E'Z for the rear spoiler also. They obviously still have it nowadays but why the hell can't my dealer get it from Japan or whatever... or did I just go to a dealer that doesn't order from overseas?

Same part number used for what looks like the rear bumper. I doubt that they have stopped getting them.

If you have one of the O rings to get some measurements from you should be able to get one from somewhere else.

post-2320-0-48485300-1343205087_thumb.jp

Just because it comes up as N/A doesn't mean Toyota (in Japan) stopped getting them from the supplier, just that Toyota Australia don't expect to move any. No point having money sitting on shelves.

Now using the cross references on that website, I was able to track down that the part is STILL being used on the overseas model Toyota Auris for the rear spoiler and also on the JDM Toyota E'Z for the rear spoiler also. They obviously still have it nowadays but why the hell can't my dealer get it from Japan or whatever... or did I just go to a dealer that doesn't order from overseas?

The Toyota E'Z is actually a Chinese-built version of the current Europe-only Corolla Verso. This might be a good thing though, as you will have a cheaper source for that rubber o-ring.

I'd try another dealer personally.

Worst case just order one from Amayama: http://www.amayama.c.../?q=90430-05019

After I posted this thread, I decided to contact Castle Hill Toyota because I heard a long time ago you could get JDM parts from there. Anyway, still didn't come up on their system but the person on the phone said they will contact Toyota Japan to help me out. :)

As for Amayama, they have the part! Except I haven't used Amayama before so if worse comes to worse I will try Amayama and see how they go. :)