Poor Toyota Dealer Service

Jhiony TKG2010

Recently made an enquiry with a dealer finance manager for a new quote for a new Kluger, ie, structure a loan repayment to suit my budget. I have requested to provide a quote for KXR, KXS and Grande (all 2WD) and would commit in purchasing if he had shown an interest in my request, I was promised this information will be provided on the last weekend (sent an email last Friday) and to date NO REPLY. Mind you, I bought my Kluger from the same dealer and you would think you will get a priority or at least a prompt service. I guess they have lost my business now.....

Anyone else experienced a bad service from a Toyota Dealer???

No not anyone i think. You might be the first person in history.

Seriously though, find another dealer if you think they are not up to scratch but you will get a far better response if you call them.

Hi jonathan, been in that situation myself when first started looking at buying a kluger, I when to about four different dealers and I got different guotes for finance repayments on four different klugers, all klugers were with in a $5000 ball park, so really there shouldnt be much difference in the repayments, but the difference was allmost $250 a month on one kluger, and that was the kluger I loved the most, she was beatifull, ebony kxs awd 2008 model, but buying the kluger I have now, which was only $2000 more,has saved me $250 a month, the finance manager at that particular toyota customised a finance package that suited me and the interest rate was heaps better too, they also gave me a better trade on my prado on the kluger aswell, so mate it definetly pays to make a few phone calls, I did and it payed off.

You can get helpfull service from a dealer and you can go back later with a problem and they dont want to know you, so somtimes I lose faith in some of these dealers.

I bought my V6 camry from a toyota dealer and it kept wandering to the left.

I took it back and complained and they billed me for a wheel alignment.

On the way home it was still wandering to the left , so I took it back again.

The second time it was fixed properly.

Toyotas are great cars and I wish I could say the same for Toyota Service and warranty.

Hi allan, unfortunatly I have to agree with you, when I bought my prado a couple of years now, I could hear a sqeaking coming from the rear of the car after a couple days after I purchased it, so I got under the vechicle myself and checked underneath carfully and found that the rear sway bar had cracked in half, odvisely I should of checked it a bit more when Inspected the car before I bought it, but it should of been checked and fixed before it went on the lot, I got a few other stories aswell on other cars that I bought over the years of things that were promised to be done before I took delivery and when to take delivery they hadnt been done, also with services that repairs that havent been done propaly,dont get me wrong I had great work on my cars, like a month ago with the repair on my backseat, but having to take the car back and make arrangments to get it fixed propaly, which is all unessary and a bloody newsance, I respect their got more than one car to work on but good service is a key for customer satifaction and future business.

I agree David,

I have a good private mechanic and he usually does a great job first time.

Only once he didn't torque up a suspension bolt properly and it came loose.

He fixed it straight away and said sorry.

We all make mistakes , but those who recognise mistakes and fix them straight away are good mates.

You will always come across both positive and negative experiences with all dealers, not just Toyota.

Everyone makes mistakes and not all dealers are up to scratch.

Sometimes it may be easier calling or dropping into the dealer to get the results you want.

True ron its not just toyota dealerships that make mistakes and not up to scratch, to be honest toyota dealerships probadly offer the best customer service and satisfation out of all other car companies dealerships, but there is room for improvment, I know you will never be perfect, neither does anyone exspect it, but with a few improvments, owning the best make of car in wourld would be a dream come true.

True ron its not just toyota dealerships that make mistakes and not up to scratch, to be honest toyota dealerships probadly offer the best customer service and satisfation out of all other car companies dealerships, but there is room for improvment, I know you will never be perfect, neither does anyone exspect it, but with a few improvments, owning the best make of car in wourld would be a dream come true.

Rubbish.

People set the expectation bar way too high on everything. The customer service side of everything has been amped up to incredible levels and has resultantly pushed everyone's expectations up with it.

Rubbish.

People set the expectation bar way too high on everything. The customer service side of everything has been amped up to incredible levels and has resultantly pushed everyone's expectations up with it.

very true .

at the end of the day it comes down to the person at the dealership serving you, not the company/business itself. Only way to overcome this is to source out another dealership as Andrew said.

Hi jonathan, been in that situation myself when first started looking at buying a kluger, I when to about four different dealers and I got different guotes for finance repayments on four different klugers, all klugers were with in a $5000 ball park, so really there shouldnt be much difference in the repayments, but the difference was allmost $250 a month on one kluger, and that was the kluger I loved the most, she was beatifull, ebony kxs awd 2008 model, but buying the kluger I have now, which was only $2000 more,has saved me $250 a month, the finance manager at that particular toyota customised a finance package that suited me and the interest rate was heaps better too, they also gave me a better trade on my prado on the kluger aswell, so mate it definetly pays to make a few phone calls, I did and it payed off.

You can get helpfull service from a dealer and you can go back later with a problem and they dont want to know you, so somtimes I lose faith in some of these dealers.

Hi David,

I spoke to the finance manager and what dissapoints me the most was the commitment he made on the day when he said `by this afternoon; you will have the information'. Mind you up until now, no email! Like most of the comments about this topic, it's not Toyota but the person representing them. Am I expecting too much?? I guess it's the basic human ethics what counts here.....

Hi jonathan, your not expecting to much, you have every right as consumer, your spending, and Im only guessing $50000+ the least he can do is get back to you with information and finance package its good business, customer satisfation should be number one priority, your paying good money for things to be done on your car and I dont think its too much expect to have it done right , thats why you take it there in the first place, its the same when you purchase a car, your paying in some cases up to $100000 for a car, so a bit of good service and care isnt to much,I know you can always go to another dealer, but thats not the point, not all of us live in big city where there is heaps of dealers a stone throw away, when your in a country town there is only one dealer in that particular town, so you dont want the hassel of travelling100kms+ to the next dealer.

Every employee in a dealer is like a chain, once there weak link, somone not doing there job propaly the chain fails, a business is only as good as its staff, the old saying if you look after somone they will look after you, its the same with a business if you look after your customers they will look after you and come back, years ago in my old mans time and my grandparents time someones word meant somthing, also business deals were done a hand shake, no contracts or swindeling, the hand shake was all that was needed. bring back those days I say and lets look out for one another.

Recently made an enquiry with a dealer finance manager for a new quote for a new Kluger,

To get the best price on a new car show up in person. Very rarely will any dealer enter into a game of phone calls and emails as they are just wasting their time with tyre kickers most of the time. Usually they will only do that special deal when you are ready to commit there and then.

Even face to face they can be total drop kicks... I already had a good quote and popped into another dealer just out of curiosity. They were so focused on being the "deal fast closer" that they totally screwed up on the exact model Kluger I wanted. ie: a KX-R. They quoted on a KX-S price even though they had KX-R written on their quote form. When I said their price was $10,000 more than what I already had they said the others must have made a mistake. LOLLLL Guess who made the stuff up and I was not going to tell them.

Car salesmen are just people who cannot get a real job.

Remember that and you will understand why they are the way they are.

One day we will be able to buy new cars without going anywhere near a dealership or their insulting incompetent car salemen.. Bring it onnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recently made an enquiry with a dealer finance manager for a new quote for a new Kluger,

!

Bow down to you! that is 100% as it is!................. Turd vagina = car sales man

Edited by RICE RACING

To get the best price on a new car show up in person. Very rarely will any dealer enter into a game of phone calls and emails as they are just wasting their time with tyre kickers most of the time. Usually they will only do that special deal when you are ready to commit there and then.

Even face to face they can be total drop kicks... I already had a good quote and popped into another dealer just out of curiosity. They were so focused on being the "deal fast closer" that they totally screwed up on the exact model Kluger I wanted. ie: a KX-R. They quoted on a KX-S price even though they had KX-R written on their quote form. When I said their price was $10,000 more than what I already had they said the others must have made a mistake. LOLLLL Guess who made the stuff up and I was not going to tell them.

Remember that and you will understand why they are the way they are.

One day we will be able to buy new cars without going anywhere near a dealership or their insulting incompetent car salemen.. Bring it onnnnnn !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your right barney the best way to get the best deal is go in to the dealer and have a look and haggle, admittely I had no trouble with toyota salesman ringing me back on a price on my last four toyotas, but ask me what I think of there honesty and promises, lets say I whats its like to be bent over and fu#ked up the *****, but other salesman of other makes of cars, before I bought the kluger , I was interested in territory turbo, I test drove and loved it, I was going to buy it, the salesman was going to get back to me with a trade in price on my prado, a week went buy nothing,so I have rang salesman at the dealer and had their word they would ring me in half a hour ,a week later nothing,so I thought stuff you and went back to toyota and test drove a kluger, and fell in love with it and bought one, that was a battle, to get the trade I wanted and finance package that suited me,I had to go to couple of dealers to get what I wanted, the difference in service and helpfullness can vary, some of the bullsh!t I got told and the lies, cut a long story short you got to have your wits about you when dealing with some of these turkeys and definetly do your home work before going near them because they will try you and swindle you, if you let them, I admit some of these dealers and salesman would have alot of timewaster tyre kickers, but thats life, every retail business has browsers.

As I said before good customer satisfaction is every thing , some people might disagree ,but its every thing in my eyes.

Edited by CROCO

• 2 weeks later...

As I said before good customer satisfaction is every thing , some people might disagree ,but its every thing in my eyes.

Agree David... they are out to shaft you when you are buying the car and at every service after that.

They rant on with a whole lot of crap when you take delivery.... I never thought my salesman was going to shut up... showing you how to open the door and how to start it.... omg, yawwnnn. I wanted to know what oil they use when they service it... both brand and viscosity... but I never bothered because it would have been one of 2 answers... either I dont know or if otherwise it would have been bulls**t.... :-(

It is sad these ****ers are this way ... as I said b4, bring on new car purchasing without the saleman crap :-)