Exedy Clutch Kit

Danthuyer

Just a quick one guys to actually let those who dont know why my car was off the road for a good 5-6 weeks.

Well basically after a session at the drags and some spirited driving on the way home I noticed that my clutch was slipping.....fairly badly too :(

So I called up a few places and started looking at options........ custom, trd, exedy, etc.

After alot of hunting around and working hard to get the money for the clutch/install I finally managed to nail a Full Exedy Clutch kit (TYK-7334HD) for $330 and some redline lightwiehgt shockproof for $90 (4L)

Then I arranged for one opf my mates to do the work for me........not mentioning any companies here. .... anyway it got delay4ed...and delayed again....thjen I finally got to take it in......... I get a phone call 2PM in the arvo....oh we cant do your car we didnt relise we had to drop the K sub frame and drop the engine to install it all <_<

needless to say I wasnt happy after being mucked around so a few expletives were exchanged and I went to pick the car up.

Then I called Matthew Simpson a good mate of mine from Predator Motorsport (see coroalla parts pin) and asked if he could get me out of this frustrating situation. A tow truck rocks up to my place on Sat morning and the truck goes to his workshop. 7:30am Mon morning the work starts and everything is finished and done by the end of the day :D (as matt promised)

So that was the hassle of getting it done....but as the saying goes "GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT" and boy was I suprised with the new clutch :ph34r:

After letting it settle for 300Kms I went for a 1-2 lift change and to my suprise it goes in easier than ever and lands at about 6400RPM :D and if I continue to lift change 2-3 I even get a wheel chirp!!!!!!

The feel of the peddle is very springy and heavy (as per northy's comments) and the friction point has not changed from the toyota fix. IT took a little getting used to (8 stalls in 2 days :( ) but now its a breeze to drive and 1-2 changes are good as gold!

so 10/10 for the Exedy clutch kits :D

Daiken makes stuff for Exedy... I got my Exedy Heavy Duty and on the box it said exedy racing clutch and at the bottom.. Daiken. Same with clutch disc..

Edited by 51EKA