05 Camry very hot inside!!

cocacola

Do you guys camrys have the problem of getting hot inside(around the console, under the steering wheel)?

When i drive for about 30mins, after stopping the car and restart it again, hot air will flow inside( i think the hot air is from the engine and come inside via firewall).

What''s wrong? Is the engine too hot?

i havent noticed that on my car...and i drive for 1hr sometimes to get to Uni...

the dash and console will probably heat up a little bit...to a warm temperature, but not hot i wouldnt think :huh:

is your temp gauge showing any overheating?

oh btw, what engine you got? the 4-cyl or V6?

i havent noticed that on my car...and i drive for 1hr sometimes to get to Uni...

the dash and console will probably heat up a little bit...to a warm temperature, but not hot i wouldnt think :huh:

is your temp gauge showing any overheating?

oh btw, what engine you got? the 4-cyl or V6?

Actually it is not the same hot as heater, but it is really warm!! It makes the temp of inside quite higher than outside. It only happen when i start the car again after the first drive.

The engine is 4-cyl only. The temp gauge didn't show any overheating.

I have talked to the dealer, they just ask me to switch on the air con!! :angry:

Everytime i went to fix the problems, they actually fix nth, just waste my time!! Especially is the rattle noise, i jsut think they are deaf!!! :angry:

Edited by cocacola

i guess there isnt much you can do if it is just warm...

you didnt park in the sun did you?

i guess you could try closing the a/c vents (ie: switch to inside circulation), that will stop the hotter air from getting into the cabin...

as for the rattles, where is the rattle coming from?

because ive got a few too, but i seem to have fixed (well softened) most of them...

just find which part is rattling, take it out, put blutak (yes blutak :P) where the part touches other parts, that should reduce the rubbing/rattling noises B)

i did that for my Radio Panel and A/C Vents, it seems to work ok :lol:

Edited by Terry

i guess there isnt much you can do if it is just warm...

you didnt park in the sun did you?

i guess you could try closing the a/c vents (ie: switch to inside circulation), that will stop the hotter air from getting into the cabin...

as for the rattles, where is the rattle coming from?

because ive got a few too, but i seem to have fixed (well softened) most of them...

just find which part is rattling, take it out, put blutak (yes blutak :P) where the part touches other parts, that should reduce the rubbing/rattling noises B)

hahaha...... i have tried not to swith to inside circulation, just let the cool air in from outside, it is better.

the rattle is mainly from the roof!!

And i think there is a little part too loose under the steering wheel(the noise is from metal i think), so i can't take it out.

i think that should be normal. i mean of course you gonna get some warm air coming from the Center Console, but in my case very little.

you might wanna get some HEAT INSULATION Matting for the car. I'm thinking of putting them inside my HEADLINER + Summer is coming up.

it also depends how you drive the car.... If you were trashing it around, you'll definately get quite a warm air coming from the center console.

is your car still under warranty??

I suggest going to a different Toyota dealer, like anything there are good ones and bad ones all under the same banner.

Warranty items at the current place I go to they are more than happy to check out.....and fix.

I had the rear window rubber replaced and a twisted suspension part which would wreck the bushes over time (picked up over the pits in WA....even thought the car had only done 8,000kms) fixed no dramas

Thing is with good service you would not mind spending a little more on Genuine Sportivo accessories, as they come within the warranty.

I suggest going to a different Toyota dealer, like anything there are good ones and bad ones all under the same banner.

yeah thats a good point.

so 'cocacola', which dealership are you talking to if you dont mind me asking?

i go to Phil Gilbert Toyota in Lidcombe (thats where i bought my car), and their service is really good i reckon :)

i got my a/c vent replaced under warrenty the other day, because it didnt have those opened and closed stickers on it :lol:

the person said, "we will just replace that under warrenty", no questions asked B)

yeah thats a good point.

so 'cocacola', which dealership are you talking to if you dont mind me asking?

i go to Phil Gilbert Toyota in Lidcombe (thats where i bought my car), and their service is really good i reckon :)

i got my a/c vent replaced under warrenty the other day, because it didnt have those opened and closed stickers on it :lol:

the person said, "we will just replace that under warrenty", no questions asked B)

i go to TerryShields Toyota in Parramatta. I bought 2 cars from them!!

And i just talk to the sales person about the problem today, then he rings the service department to discuss the problem with the service manager and customer relation manager. After that, i go to meet the service manager. After looking at the sun roof, he just tells me this noise can not be fixed as the sun roof is open up, noise must be there!! Damn! :angry: I just keep complain, then he asks me to come back and have a test drive with him!!

I just think my car is so annoying!! Everytime i go to Toyota, the problems must gone!! but when i go back to home, the problem must happen again!!

:P hahaha......yep dont u just hate that!

i did that once with my camry, took it toyota for some engine problem but when i arrived there the engine was doing perfect :blink:

well you always can make a complain to them and tell them that you're not satisfy with the car that you have bought. They usualy do something about it.

goodluck! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
:P hahaha......yep dont u just hate that!

i did that once with my camry, took it toyota for some engine problem but when i arrived there the engine was doing perfect  :blink:

well you always can make a complain to them and tell them that you're not satisfy with the car that you have bought. They usualy do something about it.

goodluck! ;)

After making complain, complain and complain, and had test drive with 3 mechanics, the Dealer finally fixed all the problems, except noise from the roof.

They just tell me that noise can't be fixed because of the design of the sun roof. :blink:

Edited by cocacola

whats wrong with the sunroof??? what kind of sound is it making?

When the sunroof open up, the noise will be there when the road surface is not good. (no noise when the sunroof slide open)

When the sunroof is close, the roof would be noise sometime. The noise is made by rubbing of plastic near the interior light which is on the roof.

(actually it is very hard to tell the exact sound)

have you try asking TOYOTA to off the headliner???

i have.

And they did 3 times already.

The noise is still there, but better than before.

I don't know that noise is normal or not as many people said any cars with sunroof must have noise.

with or without sunroof there should NOT be any noise, especialy since you got the new camry.

i dont know whats the problem myself. but what i can recommend you to do is get them to check it AGAIN or put sheet of sound deadener (just an idea, might help abit)

there might be an object inside the sunroof railling?

with or without sunroof there should NOT be any noise, especialy since you got the new camry.

i dont know whats the problem myself. but what i can recommend you to do is get them to check it AGAIN or put sheet of sound deadener (just an idea, might help abit)

there might be an object inside the sunroof railling?

i just take out the interior light, i saw some sound deadener are already inside.

So, i don't know what can the dealer do if i bring my car back. :angry:

how long have you had the car for now???

just go back to them, if you're not happy with your car tell them that! tell them  :ph34r:

eventually toyota will fix it. trust me.

Already 8 months.

My car has 6 years warranty, do this mean i can go back to fix it within these 6 years?

just go back to them, if you're not happy with your car tell them that! tell them  :ph34r:

Already 8 months.

My car has 6 years warranty, do this mean i can go back to fix it within these 6 years?

i'm not sure whats the warranty policy. 8 months is still fairly new to me. just take it back for the last time to Toyota.

Already 8 months.

i'm not sure whats the warranty policy. 8 months is still fairly new to me. just take it back for the last time to Toyota.

Thx mate, i will take it back if the noise get serious.

had a windom that did this... the heat from the exhaust rises through the body of the car

does this mean sth wrong of my car which can't block the heat from outside?

Edited by cocacola

I too have a slight problem with ambient air being a little warm after I've driven it, parked it, and take it out for another spin. I just switch on the air conditioning for about 30 seconds to rectify it.

As for some rattling in the roof headliner - I had the same problem. It was coming from the rear left of the roof, so I took it to Western Toyaota in Guildford yesterday, and they said that there were some loose wires in my roof. They tidied up all the wiring, reinforced it, and added some insulation to stop the noise from returning.

As for the sound from the sunroof, I also have this problem - only when the sunroof is open, but more so when it is in the "tilt" position. the noise emanates from the long piece of plastic at the back of the sunroof, and it stops rattling if you're willing to put one hand on it while you're driving :blink:

Yeah, as you've already said, there's not all that much you can do about the sunroof rattle.

By the way, my car is a V6 Azura.

Edited by bigdenis