Install JVC KW-AV60BT in 2011 Camry Hybrid

JoyiLu

Hey guys, I recently installed a JVC KW-AV60BT in my 2011 Camry Hybrid. The installation was easy however, gathering all the correct information was difficult. So in the interest of future upgraders, I figured i'd dump all the information I found useful here.

Factory Head Unit:

Fujitsu Ten

86120-YY130-D

Model: FT0015A

post-25646-0-90661400-1348698664_thumb.j

JVC KW-AV60BT:

There's a good write up of the unit here: http://www.crutchfie...-KW-AV60BT.html

Steering Wheel Control Integration:

To maintain the factory steering wheel control, I chose Axxess Interface's ASWC: http://www.axxessint...ontrol_new.aspx

instructions on installing the unit is also on that page. Pay particular attention the the wire colours. IE. (Orange/Blue vs. Blue/Orange. The first means orange wire with blue stripe, the second means blue wire with orange stripe.)

Factory Reverse Camera:

This is where it got a little tricky. The factory reverse camera takes in 6V instead of the standard 12V. The 6V is fed to the camera from the factory HU. As a result of this, you will need to make a converter that will convert 12V to 6V and tap into the Live wire (RED) to the head unit. Instructions on making your own voltage converter can be found here. Parts costs bout AUD 6 bucks all up.

http://www.toyotanat...rong> </strong>

Removal of Fascia:

To get to the double Din bracket, you have to remove a few fascia plates. DJKOR has a really good write up for the Aurion here (works fine for the camry too):

http://au.toyotaowne...ory-audio-unit/

Double Din Bracket:

Because the JVC came with a removable face plate, it stuck out from the front of the fascia by about 15mm. To fix this, I had to drill new holes on the factory double din bracket.

Fascia:

Although the factory head unit is Double Din mounted, the front of the unit is actually wider then a standard double din head unit. As a result, the standard factory fascia will not fit the aftermarket radio. (It will fit, you will be left with 2 gaping holes either side of the radio tho).

Solution: I bought a aftermarket fascia from factory_fit on ebay. It looks and feel like the factory fascia, except the hole is cut to the correct double din standard.

You will need to remove the factory fascia clips and install them on the aftermarket fascia. (They can be a bit tricky to remove, be patient)

The radio fascia is clipped to the airconditioner unit. To remove the radio fascia, hold onto the airconditioner unit and slide the radio fascia to the left and pull up (Looking at the front of the unit). It should just clip out.

Wiring:

This is where it gets interesting. Wiring diagrams to the factory head unit are here:

http://au.toyotaowne...it/page__st__15

There are 4 connectors connected to the factory radio. POWER/AUDIO (2 connectors side by side), sensor signal (1 connector) and AM/FM antenna (1 rounded connector)

In the link above, DJKOR has provided a very detailed diagram of the POWER/AUDIO connectors.

Peter Yeh has described the wires on the sensor signal connector.

The AM/FM antenna plugs straight into the JVC without issue.

I strongly recommend using Aeropro harness to connect your factory connectors to the JVC. I bought 2 Aeropro harness which did the job.

1 x Toyota to ISO

1 x ISO to JVC

Make sure you check the Aeropro harness to ensure the wires are connected to the right place. My ISO to JVC had the front and rear speakers the wrong way round.

Unfortunately, Aeropro, at the time of posting, doesn't make a harness for the sensor signal connector. This means wire connectors!

• You will need an RCA cable to tap into the reverse signal. 2 wires.
  • With the voltage converter you made, connect the 6V out to the camera Positive cable.
  • Connect the reverse signal cable from the factory harness to the JVC
  • Connect the parking brake wire on the JVC to any ground (This is illegal in Australia as doing so will prevent the safety features of JVC from stopping video playback while the vehicle is in motion.)
  • Connect the other wires to the steering wheel control interface. See instructions on their website for details.

End result:

I thought the toyota factory HU was decent, and lets face it, it does sound pretty decent but lacks in the functionality department. And that ipod integration was half baked...

But the JVC blew that out the water! It just sounds amazing! Bluetooth works perfect, people can actually hear me now! Ipod integration works as it should, and it sounds amazing!!!

post-25646-0-14760400-1348701847_thumb.j

post-25646-0-36242800-1348701875_thumb.j

Edited by JoyiLu

• 2 months later...

Hey Mate

nice write up

i just bought the same head unit, just wondering with your fascia did you have to screw it in to the OEM bracket at all?

the one similar to what you bought doesnt have any place to screw into the bracket

thx

Edited by krayzie

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mate

nice write up

i just bought the same head unit, just wondering with your fascia did you have to screw it in to the OEM bracket at all?

the one similar to what you bought doesnt have any place to screw into the bracket

thx

Hey mate, sorry for the late response, but to answer your question, No. The only thing that holds the facia in place is the clips on the bottom which clips into the AC unit, and the clips on the side which goes into the dash. *This is also the case for the factory fascia.

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Edited by JoyiLu

hey!

thanks for the reply... do you find that you can press the upper corners of the fascia and they give way, i.e push in to the dash?

i bought this fascia

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/CT24TY13-TOYOTA-CAMRY-2007-ONWARDS-BLACK-FASCIA-FACIA-PANEL-ADAPTOR-SURROUND-/150890726900?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2321c9c5f4&_uhb=1#ht_2134wt_1378

hey!

thanks for the reply... do you find that you can press the upper corners of the fascia and they give way, i.e push in to the dash?

i bought this fascia

http://www.ebay.com....#ht_2134wt_1378

Hmm, no. Mine sits quite sturdy in the dash. the bottom of the facia clips into the A/C unit. There are 2 clips either side of the fascia which clips into the dash, the top of the fascia has channels which hooks into the top A/C vents, this prevents any movement.

• 3 months later...

hi joyilu

Im planning to replace my factory head unit on my toyota camry hybrid 2011 with clarion double din with input from reverse camera and blue tooth and dvd.I am really confused where to attached the 6 volt converter that i bought from jay car? which wire in 20 pin connector or wire from clarion?thanks