Front sensors on Camry Atara SL

SLong

Hello... just wondering if anyone has bought the new Camry Atara SL and got front sensors installed?

Asking as I was told that the front sensors can be installed on the Altise, the Atara S(&R) and the Atara SX but NOT the Atara SL due to wiring at the front bumper - which I found a bit strange.

Its the sports lights and all the other sports accessories they add onto the SL.

Similar to the Altise and Sportivo before the Atara range. My 07 Sportivo headlights and rear lights are different to the Altise.

...which is why I found it weird that he said the front sensors CAN be installed on all the Camry range including the Atara S & SX except for the Atara SL. From what I know the Atara S & SX have fog lights, etc like the SL.

Yeah they CAN'T be installed on the SL because or sports bumper and sports headlight. Different wiring for the headlight and different bumper :)

Check the site you will be able to see the comparison:

http://www.toyota.com.au/camry/range?WT.ac=Toyota_GlobalNav_Cars_Camry_RangeandSpecs

Yeah they CAN'T be installed on the SL because or sports bumper and sports headlight. Different wiring for the headlight and different bumper :)

http://www.toyota.co...y_RangeandSpecs

Sorry I got it wrong.

Basically the SL version has the following:

• Blind Spot Monitor and Automatic High Beam
  • Rain sensing wipers and electric rear sunshade
  • JBL premium audio system with 7" display and Satellite Navigationand SUNA™ - live traffic data updates
  • Reverse Camerawith path prediction reference lines and auto dipping side mirrors
  • Dual exhaust
  • Sports driving mode with quick response paddle shift technology
  • Power output 135kW

Basically its needs more wiring for Automatic High Beams and various other electronics that it has over all the other versions of the Camry.

• 2 weeks later...

That's cool... was just wondering why they can't put the front sensor in the Atara SL when they can for the other Atara's.

Also, the wiring shouldn't be an issue as the Aurion Presara & Sportivo ZR6 both have the blindspot monitor and auto diming high beam and both of those cars came with front sensors.

Oh well.. just gotta get used to the car - the view feels quite different to my old 2003 Camry Sportivo. I was parking the other day and the front looks like it's quite close to the car in front but when I got out of the car, I was still quite far away :P

http://www.toyota.co...y_RangeandSpecs

Sorry I got it wrong.

Basically the SL version has the following:

• Blind Spot Monitor and Automatic High Beam
  • Rain sensing wipers and electric rear sunshade
  • JBL premium audio system with 7" display and Satellite Navigationand SUNA™ - live traffic data updates
  • Reverse Camerawith path prediction reference lines and auto dipping side mirrors
  • Dual exhaust
  • Sports driving mode with quick response paddle shift technology
  • Power output 135kW

Basically its needs more wiring for Automatic High Beams and various other electronics that it has over all the other versions of the Camry.

Yeah you'll get used to it haha. I did that for 2 weeks or so - still can't get used to reverse parking though. Cameras might help - I need to get one at the back when I get my touchscreen :)

I had to get used to moving from a camry 2000 (parents' car) to my first car camry 2007.