2007 ZR6 Fuel Consumption

nesty

Okay, i know this has been covered before.. but i couldnt seem to find what im looking for..

My 2007 ZR6 uses way too much petrol! on average 13.1L/100km and the thing is that its my wifes car so it gets driven normal conditions, no speeding, no dangerous driving. I dont understand how toyota can claim that its fuel consumption is 9.9L when i cant even manage to bring it down to 11? I dont know if every other 2007 ZR6 driver is getting the same results or if its just me. I use premium unleaded and service it on time...

Any suggestions on what could be the problem?

Thanks,

Nesty

What sort of driving are you doing? if its lots of stop start, 13L would be pretty accurate.

I get about 11.5-12 in an average fortnight of driving purely within a country town, if i add in a couple of hour trips at highway speeds that can drop down to as low as 10.3.

Pure highway driving out of a single tank i have got down to 7.3 so far, with a bit of city driving

Running around town I usually hang around the 10-10.5. When the missus is driving she usually hovers around the 11.5 mark. Country running I have had it down to 7.1 on a trip to Sydney. You have clean airfilter and no blockages you can see?