Anyone know a good mechanic in North Brisbane?

ST184SX

I took my car in for a service the other day. The mechanic I went to for the service before that (a different one) said the car didn't have any problems and since the car had been running well since then, I didn't think there'd be too much wrong with it this time............

Needless to say, I went to the mechanic after they finished and they had a big list of problems with the car. I've got more than enough money to pay them, but since there's a fair amount of money involved, I feel like I should get a second opinion.

The place I went to is a reputable garage, so they probably aren't trying to rip me off. Still, it would give me peace of mind knowing for certain that i'm not being ripped off (and if I am being ripped off, at least I'll know never to go back there again).

With that in mind, anyone know a good place where I can get the car looked at.

They said the timing belt, front bushes and rear bushes all need replacing.

The invoice also says the bearing plates are cracking, the lifters are noisy and the engine is leaking oil. It also mentions a "fuel injection service".

The rest of the stuff I can do myself.

All in all, it sounds like it's going to be expensive.

Anyone know a good place that will do engine cleaning. It's not a difficult job, but I don't think the body corporate would be happy to see oil and degreaser all over the road. Plus, the underside of the engine is filthy and I don't have any jackstands to hold the car up, so it would be a pain in the *** to get underneath and clean it properly.

The mechanic couldn't even find the leak because there was so much oil underneath :(